Thread: navi 2013 api CodeRun problem

Login to Give a bone

Default navi 2013 api CodeRun problem

Hi there! Wondering is there anyone successfully running the 2013 API tool CodeRun?
    I am successful in running the AppInfo tool, but for the CodeRun I can build it successfully and the plugin is shown in Navisworks, but there is no content in the form, as shown in the attached.
    I think this is related to the fact that the CodeRunLib is also needed somehow, but the info available in the document is limited and I have no clue right now.
    Thank you for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: navi 2013 api CodeRun problem

Now a step further, I am able to run it, but with errors.

What I did is open the Examples.sln solution with all the examples in VS2012. Then build the CodeRun project (get a CodeRun.ADSK.dll) and CodeRunLib project (get a CodeRunLib.dll). Then I created a CodeRun.ADSK folder in <NaviFolder>\Plugins and copy the CodeRun.ADSK.dll; created a Compilers folder in the CodeRun.ADSK folder and put the CodeRunLib.dll.

I am able to open the CodeRun addin in Navisworks and get the code template, but when I click the "Run", it output the following error message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Stack Trace: at CodeRunLib.BaseGenerator.Generate(CodeDomProvider codeProvider, String sourceCode, String classToCreate, String callFunction, String& errors, String& consoleOutput)
    at CodeRunLib.CodeRunCSharp.Generate(String code, String fullClassName, String mainFunction, String& errors, String& consoleOutput)
    at CodeRun.Control.CodeRunControl.Generate(CodeRun codeRunner, String code, String fullClassName, String mainFunction, String& errors, String& consoleOutput)

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks!