Thread: I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

Wish List Administration

Default I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

Summary: I don't want to explane to everybody that it is not possible for Revit to make a dessent Cut Pattern Hatch in ANY view. Especialy in my Detailling. We really need this!

Description: I'am really ashamed to show my Revit details. And I would also like to have better Cut Pattern Hatch possibilties in my Plans and Sections. Model Hatches would be the solution.
    And there should also be a far better way to make these sometimes complex Hatches in Revit.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Walls

Submitted By: T V on Wed, 13 Jun 2012

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

Summary: I don't want to explane to everybody that it is not possible for Revit to make a dessent Cut Pattern Hatch in ANY view. Especialy in my Detailling. We really need this!

Description: I'am really ashamed to show my Revit details. And I would also like to have better Cut Pattern Hatch possibilties in my Plans and Sections. Model Hatches would be the solution.
    And there should also be a far better way to make these sometimes complex Hatches in Revit.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches for detailling

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar

Default Re: I need Model Hatches in my Walls not only Draft Hatches

I'd like to know what you are trying to illustrate in your detail with a hatch that requires a 'real' scale?
    Just curious

Revit scales the hatch in a way that the material is not clear.
    And some hatches match in a way the thickness of the material. e.q. insulation, stucco or screed if i translate this right. You can check out examples here.
    There is a national standard for hatches and I can't make them with a draft hatch because Revit scales them and also in a wrong way. So when i can't follow national standards then i ask for a solution within Revit. And that solution can be that Cut Pattern Hatches can also be a Model Hatch.

My main issue with Drafting Patterns is that you can't Rotate them.
    I've never had a problem with the scale though.
    Drafting patterns are just like text in Revit - they are created at the size (note: size, not scale) they will be printed.
    So if you a drafting pattern with two line 1/8" apart, they are printed 1/8" apart - regardless of the scale of the View
    Model patterns are "life-size". For instance, CMU block is 16" by 8". That IS dependent on the scale of the View. The lines will be twice as far apart at 1/4" as they are at 1/8"
    Sorry, I can't see your national standard. Looks like you have to buy it, and the preview is only the Table of Contents

I know the national standard is not free. But I want to point out that i can't draw as we ought to. And people suspect us to draw.
    Some hatches are related to the thickness of the materials and only the line thickness should change with a different plot scale. That is what a Model Hatch does. And i can only select a Draft Hatch wich doesn't change when the whole drawing scales. In that way there is no relation between the thickness of the material and the Hatch, and there should be.

Here is another link with Hatches from the university of Delft.