Thread: Construct a "box" around some multi-line text... that will adjust size as the paragragh increses size

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Construct a "box" around some multi-line text... that will adjust size as the paragragh increses size

box around multi line text that adjusts.pdfI would love to be able to generate a box around a paragragh of multiline text that as the text box incresed, the linework box increased with it.

Take a look at the attachment... this is in the corner of our title block, and right now the box around the text is simply linework that we stretch as we add or reduce notes. It is sort of a pain and would love for this box to "follow" the size of that paragragh of text no matter what size it is. Pretty much set "margins" around this paragrah and the box follows it.

Ive ventured down the road of using constraints but really cant get it to work with text.

Is there a simple way to do this?? Or is constraints the path I should be taking?

Thanks you!
    Last edited by kkasten208574; 2012-06-13 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot attachment

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Construct a "box" around some multi-line text... that will adjust size as the paragragh increses size

Draw the MText as a MultiLeader - just remove the leader lines from it. A MLeader style has the option to draw a frame around the text. Unfortunately the rounded corners I think is going to be difficult.

What about making a dynamic block out of your boundary? Then you could manually adjust its height & width with grip edits.