Thread: Problem when transferri​ng reinforcem​ent between Robot and Revit 2010 (Extention​)

Login to Give a bone

Default Problem when transferri​ng reinforcem​ent between Robot and Revit 2010 (Extention​)

Hi All,

I have modelled a frame in revit and used the revit extention 2010 (Reinforcement Design), in Robot 2010 when I use the set of bars (within ACI 318-08 metric) (for example rebar of diameter 13, 19, 36) the extention works very well and the reinforcement is tranfered to Revit element,

However in Robot when I modify the reinforcment database (using the job preferences) and add bars with 12mm, 14mm, 20mm, etc. the new rebars doesn't tranfered to Revit element,

How can I add whatever rebars I need and transfere the reinfrocement successfully? Kindly help

I could stop if I wanted to kmarsh's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem when transferri​ng reinforcem​ent between Robot and Revit 2010 (Extention​)

Hi,

Are the 12, 14 and 20mm bars defined in Revit prior to re-importing?

Thanks,
    -Ken
    Ken Marsh
    Owner, Marsh API

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem when transferri​ng reinforcem​ent between Robot and Revit 2010 (Extention​)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply,

I have noticed that when I import the predefined rebars such as 13M, a family file is created within my reivt project browser with the name ACI 318-08_Metric 13 (or something like this), so I have tried to create a similar file by duplicating an existing family file within the rebar group (already in revit database) to enable the revit to recognize the impoted family from robot but the problem is the same the program keeps drawing (only) the rebars within the original set (only 13, 16, 36, etc) (and not the ones I've created such as 12 mm, 14 mm, etc) !!

Yaser,

I could stop if I wanted to kmarsh's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Yaser,

So the process was (and this may not matter but I want to understand how we got here) that you created beams and columns in Revit then used the Revit Reinforcting extension to add rebar to those beams and columns and then transferred to Robot? Then in Robot you added 12, 14, etc bars in Robot database, chagned the bars in Robot to 12,14, etc. and then used the Revit-Robot link to re-import those back into Revit? (and what is the result of doing so, does it just ignore them and leave the 13mm bars? does it give you any information in the link log? offers you the ability to view the log after finishing import or export from/to Robot. That might have some ideas in there too.)

Thanks,
    -Ken
    Ken Marsh
    Owner, Marsh API