Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

Login to Give a bone

Default Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

Hi, I keep getting the above error when trying to run a custom form in my .Net custom code that uses the ManagedMapApi.dll. I'm upgrading from AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 to 2012. In 2011 everything works fine but in 2012 it gives this error.

I've looked and there is a C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\ManagedMapApi.dll just like in the 2011 version. I've tried referencing the one in the 2011 folder as well as the 2012 folder. I've changed it from Copy Local -> False to Copy Local -> True and back again with no luck. I've also tried running all these changes on a computer with just AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 and no 2011 installed on it. I've tried it with No service pack upgrades, SP1 and SP2 and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

If you had a reference to the dll in a previous version, VS doesn't make it easy to change the reference. Delete the reference to the 2011 version and add a new reference to the 2012 version. You don't want to have a reference to both of them in the same project.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

Thanks for the reply, I have done this multiple times to make sure it was referencing the correct version. It is currently referencing the ManagedMapAPI.dll in the Map 2012 install folder (which is the same location as the machine with only Map 2012). However, it doesn't work on my machine or the machine where only Map 2012 is installed. Could it be a problem with the fact that my machine has Map 2011 and Map 2012 installed, so for some reason it isn't properly referencing the correct version? Is ManagedMapApi.dll supposed to be registered on the machine, I tried registering it on the machine with only Map 2012 and it gave an error, however when I try to register the ManagedMapApi.dll in the 2011 folder on my machine it gives the same error so I don't think that's the problem.

BTW even when I run the project in Debug mode on my machine in Map 3D 2012 I still get the error when I try to run a form that required the ManagedMapApi.dll
    Last edited by Pwned555402908; 2012-06-29 at 05:33 PM.

Login to Give a bone

At what point do you get the error?

Login to Give a bone

Whenever it tries to open a form that requires the ManagedMapApi.dll, for example in the picture on my first post the Command DS opens a form that requires ManagedMapApi.dll and when it's called the error is given.

Login to Give a bone

I think I would set a break point in the form's initialize event and make sure that you step into the InitializeComponent() method. Check that all the variables are initializing properly and that code executes as expected. Try to find out where its failing. Possibly this isn't the real issue.

Login to Give a bone

It runs InitializeComponent() and some more code without problems, it isn't until it gets to this line that it throws the error.

Code:
    getCS = HostMapApplicationServices.Application.ActiveProject.Projection.ToString()

Login to Give a bone

Are you trying to netload your file from a network share?

Login to Give a bone

Sorry for the late reply I went out of town for the weekend. Yes I am trying to netload my file from a network share.

Login to Give a bone

You're going to run into network security issues when a dll in a intranet or internet zone wants access to a local zone. Copy the dll to each pc and run it from a folder in the acad search paths. Then it won't be denied access to one of acad's dll's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast