Thread: Question re: placement of floors. When to place on level and offset from level? 2 part question.

Login to Give a bone

Question Question re: placement of floors. When to place on level and offset from level? 2 part question.

Not sure if this is the right forum please let me know.
    Still new to Revit and trying to figure out how things should be don’t. I’m working on a model given to us by our client, the level we are working on has the floor placed +8 ½” offset from the level which is at 40’-0”. I checked the original vellums for this building and it shows the finished floor elevation at 40’-8 ½”. As a standard revit practice does this sound right? I was under the impression you make a level at the elevation of the floor 40’-0” so you don’t have to be offsetting everything at +8 ½”.

If you have a raised floor at +14”, would it be standard practice to make another level placed at 14” A.F.F.?
    Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Question re: placement of floors. When to place on level and offset from level? 2 part question.

I think best practices would say make a Top of Steel, or Top of structure level for your structural model, and a finish floor level for your architectural model. So, depending on what you are focusing on that is where you should put your level. If both Arch and Struct are important, and everything is in one model, I would recommend having 2 levels, one at Top of steel, and one at finish floor. This is what I have noticed to be "standard" with most of the models I have come across.