Thread: Double Line Piping Vs. Single Line Piping (Conditional Statement)

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Double Line Piping Vs. Single Line Piping (Conditional Statement)

Does anyone know how I can tell Revit to draw my pipes in double line if they are 6" or greater? All other pipe sizes smaller than 6" shall be single line.

Hope this doesn't involve APIs.

Thanks!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Double Line Piping Vs. Single Line Piping (Conditional Statement)

We are struggling with this at the moment. The only method we have come up with is to create 2 views - one at fine view and one at medium view, and overlay them using filters to show the correct pipe sizes in each view. Big workaround and not really sure it is worth it. We are trying other things with filters on a single view, but nothing has worked so far, the fittings we can get to work, but the pipework not so much.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Now that's a question that has been floating around for a while.....seem to remember asking something similar myself about 5 years ago! The short answer is no, it can't be done. Unless you're prepared to use a workaround like my old friend Daniel. ("workaround"....now I'm sure I've heard that term used before somewhere??!!)

I think in those last 5 years or so I have come to the realisation that we're just going to have to accept that, at a scale of 1:100, drawing a 0.2mm thick centre-line in between two 0.5mm thick continuous lines that are only 20mm apart themselves, to represent a 20mm dia pipe, is a perfectly logical exercise! Not to mention a couple of extra lines to represent the insulation!

It's a good question, but there's worse things we have to live with!

What is an "API" by the way??

Good luck!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.c View Post
    Now that's a question that has been floating around for a while.....seem to remember asking something similar myself about 5 years ago! The short answer is no, it can't be done. Unless you're prepared to use a workaround like my old friend Daniel. ("workaround"....now I'm sure I've heard that term used before somewhere??!!)

I think in those last 5 years or so I have come to the realisation that we're just going to have to accept that, at a scale of 1:100, drawing a 0.2mm thick centre-line in between two 0.5mm thick continuous lines that are only 20mm apart themselves, to represent a 20mm dia pipe, is a perfectly logical exercise! Not to mention a couple of extra lines to represent the insulation!

It's a good question, but there's worse things we have to live with!

What is an "API" by the way??

Good luck!
    An API appears to be C++ coding in Revit. I think if I could tell Revit

if pipe_size is less than 150mm, show "coarse line work"
    else show "hidden line work"

I'd be able to make this work. Unfortunately I really don't know how to get into this API function, much less initiate a code.

Too bad! Because lately I've set up a project template that finally mimics my AutoCAD colours, line thicknesses, line types etc...but my large mechanical room piping needs to be in double line.