Thread: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revi

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revi

Summary: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revit family category. This way any content cleanup will be in the family and not in the Revit model. This would allow for someone to make changes to the cad detail inside the family, then overwrite the family in Revit. Having cad details linked as families would mean the family can be updated without haveing a linked trail.

Description: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revit family category. This way any content cleanup will be in the family and not in the Revit model. This would allow for someone to make changes to the cad detail inside the family, then overwrite the family in Revit. Having cad details linked as families would mean the family can be updated without haveing a linked trail.

Autodesk could then design the software to add custom detailing options inside families instead of intergrating them into main platform. This could be a game changer!

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Other

Submitted By: Shaun Peppers on 07/09/2012

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revi

I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to Revit family custom import option.

Summary: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revit family category. This way any content cleanup will be in the family and not in the Revit model. This would allow for someone to make changes to the cad detail inside the family, then overwrite the family in Revit. Having cad details linked as families would mean the family can be updated without haveing a linked trail.

Description: I wish that Revit had an AutoCAD to family custom import that would import all content to a new Revit family category. This way any content cleanup will be in the family and not in the Revit model. This would allow for someone to make changes to the cad detail inside the family, then overwrite the family in Revit. Having cad details linked as families would mean the family can be updated without haveing a linked trail.

Autodesk could then design the software to add custom detailing options inside families instead of intergrating them into main platform. This could be a game changer!

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Other

Submitted By: Shaun Peppers on 07/09/2012