Thread: Mass Elements and elevations

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Mass Elements and elevations

I created window trim/header/sill for a window. I make them blocks and then attached them to the window style. I got them to come up in model, but not in generated elevations. I tried to go through the display manager but can't seem to find a way to have it turn on.

recommendations?

Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mass Elements and elevations

To what display representation did you attach your custom blocks? What display representation(s) is(are) active for Windows in the display representation set that you are using to generate your elevations?

Assuming that your custom blocks are not part of a display representation that is active in the display representation set used for your elevation, you either need to add the blocks to a display representation that is active or create some elevation-only custom blocks to show your window trim in elevation and attach those to a display representation that is active.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mass Elements and elevations

ok...I'm going to have to read more on display rep and blocks. David, this was my first time trying this. I will need to find some kind of tutorial or ATP or something on AUGI or web to learn more.

BTW, just remembered that I had to modify the custom block and in the insertion offset, I had to push the blocks like 2" outside off the wall to show up. Then when I refreshed the elevation, I can see the window blocks off the wall 2" from the wall. I will just do a edit linework on the elevation.
    Last edited by htlmv; 2012-07-16 at 12:55 PM.