Thread: Isometric Multileader

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Isometric Multileader

See the attached example. I want to create a Multileader style where the landing, or at least the last segment, is at 30 degrees for a nice isometric look.
    In the multileader styles dialog, on the structure tab, I don't understand what the "Specify First/Second Segment Angle" options do. Note that pasting it into word didn't translate the best but I think you will get the point.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Isometric Multileader

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaff View Post
    See the attached example. I want to create a Multileader style where the landing, or at least the last segment, is at 30 degrees for a nice isometric look.
    In the multileader styles dialog, on the structure tab, I don't understand what the "Specify First/Second Segment Angle" options do. Note that pasting it into word didn't translate the best but I think you will get the point.
    The segment angles allow you to hold a specific angle when you place your multileaders. For example you want your leaders to have a 45 degree angle when placed. Simple set the first segment angle to be 45, and every multileader that you draw will hold that angle, just make sure you have ortho F8 off.

This is a nice feature if your looking to hold all of your text at one uniform look, for example labeling details.

The second segment angle does the same thing, I am sure there is some applications that need this but most people prefer to leave the default value and either hit enter.

To answer the question about Isometric text, I believe that you need to create specific text styles to the angle you are looking for... Right plane should have an oblique angle of 30 degrees and the Top plane should have an oblique angle of -30 degrees. Once you have the style set up, set that for your multileader.

[Note: Its been awhile since I have done isometric drawings, so I hope I am remembering this correctly.]

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Isometric Multileader

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaff View Post
    In my example I set the first segment for 45 degrees, the second for 30 degrees. Don't have an automatic landing. You can even create an arrow to keep that looking iso as well (I do that for dimensions also.). You will have to create another style for pulling off to the left plane.

As mentioned in the first response, create a text style with the text obliqued 30 degrees or -30 depending on the plane.
    Attached Images Attached Images