Summary: I wish the software developers would go produce a set of drawings, particularly, a set with structural framing drawings that someone has to build, price and order from. Then after that, fix the user interface for structural framing. Just getting it to look right (floor plan half-toned in the background) is a chore without messing up everything in your project. Then try to show columns under posts and roof framing members at different pitches, and eave ladder framing, structural fascias, ridgebeams, hangers) you guys have not a clue! I'm new to Revit. That might be part of it but there is nothing intuitive about this. It sucks and I'm thinking my office should use autocad for structural drawings and revit for architecture, but how dumb is that?!

Description: I wish the software developers would go produce a set of drawings, particularly, a set with structural framing drawings that someone has to build, price and order from. Then after that, fix the user interface for structural framing. Just getting it to look right (floor plan half-toned in the background) is a chore without messing up everything in your project. Then try to show columns under posts and roof framing members at different pitches, and eave ladder framing, structural fascias, ridgebeams, hangers) you guys have not a clue! I'm new to Revit. That might be part of it but there is nothing intuitive about this. It sucks and I'm thinking my office should use autocad for structural drawings and revit for architecture, but how dumb is that?!

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Structural members

Submitted By: Chris Briley on 07/25/2012