See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Drop Down list

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Drop Down list

I am building a jbox that has multiple (16) conduit connections. I want those connections to be individual connections that can be either 1/2" radius or 3/8" radius but not consistently. So of the 16 connectors any number of them might be 1/2" radius where the others are 3/8". So I would really like this to be a drop down choice for each of the connectors... how do I do that?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drop Down list

Perhaps if you create, within your family, two pipe connectors in the exact same location, 1 being the 1/2" the other being 3/8" this may solve your problem. There will be too many pipe connectors in your model but who cares they will never be seen. When, in your project, you select that connector it should have a pop up as to which connector do you want. Also, be sure to name each connector so you know which one and where it is. Let me know if this helps and/or works well for you. Good Luck

Login to Give a bone

I just attempted this and it worked. It may get a little confusing with 16 connectors (32 in your family) however in your project it should work fine. Not sure if there is any other way to do this but it did work for me when i tried it. As I said before though be sure to name them under connector description in whatever naming format your gonna use to tell them apart.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help. That does work! Unforntunately, I am not using the content myself I am making it for a group of users who don't like anything complicated. I can make it a yes/no parameter and add a formula, but I really wanted to avoid a lot of extra parameters. I have considered posting a request for a Chose operator in the Family Editor formula.

Login to Give a bone

as long as they are not editing the family itself then all they will see is the option for 1 or the other connector. they wont see or know that there are actually 2 connectors there. But i hope you find what you need if this is not exactly it. good luck

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks again. I passed it by one of the guys that will be using it and they agree that it will work well for them. I appreciate your help.