Thread: Grid bubbles that are at different scales and layers, but one common text

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Grid bubbles that are at different scales and layers, but one common text

Hello,
    This is my first post and day in the AUGI forums so I apologize for any wrong doing. What I am looking to do is rather complicated and possibly confusing so I hope I can explain it so everyone can understand.
    I have been asked to come up with a block/dynamic block for a grid bubble. Currently the office I work at uses a block that has the bubbles and text at different scales/sizes and on different layers. This allows us to turn off the layers we are not using and use the block in several different viewports. The downfall is every time we add the new block into an Autocad drawing we have to manually change the text for every scale. We have to enter the annotation 7 separate times for each grid bubble so we have the correct grid number if the scale changes in the viewport.
    What we would like to be able to do is have a grid bubble that would have different layers and different sizes(scales) of the bubbles, but only one location to change the grid number(text). This would save a significant amount of time on projects.
    I hope I didn't confuse everyone.
    Thanks!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grid bubbles that are at different scales and layers, but one common text

if you quite worrying about different layers fro different scales, then an annotative block would cut it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grid bubbles that are at different scales and layers, but one common text

What version of CAD are you using? The past few years of AutoCAD they have had annotative text. You can simply set the grid text callout to whatever size you want it to be on paperspace, and make it annotative text. You then tell it to also make the block annotative so that when you change your viewport scale, both the text, and the grid bubble adjust accordingly to match your standard.

Then the only real separate layers you would need would be, if for instance, you wanted to show the grib bubble but not the text, or gridline but not bubble or text. Hope this helps

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I use a grid bubble block that is annotative with the common scales added, create a drawing with the grid, then xref that in to each drawing. The dims between grid lines are annotative as well.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In agreement with the others - your best bet is using annotative scaling on your grid bubble block. There are some caveats - if you attached more than one scale to the block, try not to mirror it - causes some strange issues.

If you cannot use AS (whatever reason: simply refuse to or using ACad < 2008 ) then your next best bet is to use fields to "duplicate" the contents inside one attribute to the other 6. Something like what's going on in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...s-data-4-times