Thread: AutoLOAD? From where?

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoLOAD? From where?

How can I find out where CAD is loading my AutoCAD2005doc.lsp file from? I am trying to set some LSPs to AUTOLOAD but I cant seem to find the right file to alter. I am using a Demo version of Acad2005 while waiting for my retail to show up. Is it possible that the demo version wont AUTOLOAD custom LSPs?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoLOAD? From where?

Quote Originally Posted by methost
    How can I find out where CAD is loading my AutoCAD2005doc.lsp file from? I am trying to set some LSPs to AUTOLOAD but I cant seem to find the right file to alter. I am using a Demo version of Acad2005 while waiting for my retail to show up. Is it possible that the demo version wont AUTOLOAD custom LSPs?

From the command line type the following: (findfile "AutoCAD2005doc.lsp") after hitting enter you will see the path of where it finds it first.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Personally I would recommend not altering any files that AutoCAD ships with and uses (needs) for proper and smooth running.

There are always exceptions I realise that, but if at all possible go with using a "Custom" file when ever possible (just my humble opinion) -

Trim to Layer

RE: July 2004 - Modifying AutoCAD's Context Menus

RE: Attribute Editor

RE: WHOHAS

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kj1
    From the command line type the following: (findfile "AutoCAD2005doc.lsp") after hitting enter you will see the path of where it finds it first.

Comes back "nil"

Thanks mike but I have always altered this file to autoload my LSPs and Im not sure of another way to autoload them.

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    Comes back "nil"
    I think you are meaning Acad2005Doc.lsp NOT! AutoCAD2005Doc.lsp (as far as I know, such a file doesn't exist).

Still I really wouldn't alter it.

Thanks mike but I have always altered this file to autoload my LSPs and Im not sure of another way to autoload them.
    It really is not different, just place the code you were going to place in the "Shipped" AutoCAD file into the "Custom" AutoCAD file (refer to the links I posted in my original message for further details on such an approach).

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

As Mike pointed out, the correct filename is Acad2005Doc.lsp. However, you should not edit this file! The appropriate file would be AcadDoc.lsp, which is intended for end-user modification. Note that you may need to create the file if it doesn't exist. The default location for the file is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2005\R16.1\enu\Support
    where <UserName> is your logon name. Note that the Application Data folder is hidden, but you can type it in at the address bar once you get to C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>.