Thread: Viewport contents are shifted in plots

Login to Give a bone

Default Viewport contents are shifted in plots

I'm running AutoCAD 2009, and have a bunch of assemblies made from 3d extrusions that I'm laying out for plotting using the 3DHIDDEN shademode. Each is annotated in paperspace, mostly dimlinear and dimaligned. The problem I'm having is that when I plot a layout, the contents of the viewport sometimes get shifted left or right by about 1-3" in scale (the viewports are locked at 3/4"=1'0" scale, so about 1/16-3/16" as plotted), but the paperspace dimensions all stay put--which means they no longer align to the model features they're supposed to be marking. I've confirmed that it's the contents of the viewport that are shifted by comparing 3D wireframe plots (which always appear to come out right) to 3D hidden plots of the same layout--the viewport edges and dimensions match between the two, the viewport contents do not--and that the viewport objects are plotting at the right scale. Sometimes when I preview a layout, the drawing will be shifted in a different direction than when the page actually comes out of the printer, and different viewports in the same layout do not necessarily behave the same way.

I should point out that this is ONLY an issue in previewing or plotting, as far as what I see in the paperspace layout screen, nothing ever changes. So I don't think it's a dim association or scaling issue, which was the only suggestion I could dig up through Google. Anyone have any ideas?

(An unrelated annoyance is that if I quicksave the drawing with a layout tab open, layers that are frozen in the viewport (but not frozen globally) will show up until I thaw and refreeze at least one layer in each viewport. I'd be happy to hear if anyone has any suggestions on that front, too.)

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Viewport contents are shifted in plots

A slight possibility - check that projection is parallel in each viewport.

Login to Give a bone

Yep. For kicks, I tried Perspective and Perspective w/Ortho faces as well, and the drawings are shifted the exact same way. I do find that the shift is only left or right in the plots, but the previews are sometimes shifted up or down or improperly scaled as well.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Anybody have a solution to this? I am having the same issues in AutoCAD 2014 and its driving me crazy.

Login to Give a bone

I think the solution was to change the view to 2D Wireframe before plotting.