Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Manage Space in AEC 2012

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    2007-10
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    27
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Manage Space in AEC 2012

    The 'what's new' pop-up in AEC2012 shows a new manage space feature. But... it gives no hint as to the commands, tools, menus, etc. to use this. Can someone point me to the starting line?

    Thanks,

    William

  2. #2
    Mod / Salary / SM Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    2001-12
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,300
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Manage Space in AEC 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamA View Post
    The 'what's new' pop-up in AEC2012 shows a new manage space feature. But... it gives no hint as to the commands, tools, menus, etc. to use this. Can someone point me to the starting line?

    Thanks,

    William
    I am sorry, William, but, could you please clarify for me what program you're using?
    AutoCAD Architecture? Revit Architecture?

    Thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

    ARCHIBUS, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use Revit and Tririga, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    2007-10
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    27
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Manage Space in AEC 2012

    AutoCAD Architecture 2012.

  4. #4
    Mod / Salary / SM Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    2001-12
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,300
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Manage Space in AEC 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamA View Post
    AutoCAD Architecture 2012.
    Ah, thank you.

    I actually use AutoCAD MEP, so I don't see that pop up.

    Perhaps these links will give you an idea of the intended features?

    http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad...anaging-spaces

    http://www.augi.com/library/tipnique...e-improvements
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

    ARCHIBUS, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use Revit and Tririga, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    2007-10
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    27
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Manage Space in AEC 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Ah, thank you.

    I actually use AutoCAD MEP, so I don't see that pop up.

    Perhaps these links will give you an idea of the intended features?

    http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad...anaging-spaces

    http://www.augi.com/library/tipnique...e-improvements
    The first link is the video from the pop-up.
    The second link I will need some time to work through this one.
    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Mod / Salary / SM Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    2001-12
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,300
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Manage Space in AEC 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamA View Post
    The first link is the video from the pop-up.
    The second link I will need some time to work through this one.
    Thanks.
    Ah, well, then, that was rather pointless of me... LOL. Sorry.

    That article was written by Robin Capper, the most prolific of us FM bloggers out there... his site is a good source, if you're not already a reader.
    http://rcd.typepad.com/rcd/
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

    ARCHIBUS, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use Revit and Tririga, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-07-19, 03:59 AM
  2. 2012: Space Naming Utility with more than one Arch Model
    By Dr._House in forum Revit MEP - General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-08-03, 08:36 PM
  3. Revit 2013 to Navis Manage 2012
    By tracyt in forum Revit Architecture - General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-05-10, 03:36 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-12-12, 02:41 PM
  5. Civil 3D 2012 text edits in Paper space
    By sbombardier in forum AutoCAD Civil 3D - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-06-03, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •