Thread: Object snaps not working in lisp routines in 2012

Login to Give a bone

Default Object snaps not working in lisp routines in 2012

recently I upgraded from 2011 to 2012 and now a lot of my lips routines don't work correctly. The issue seems to be with object snaps, if I set the osmode before a command, everything is fine but when I try to use specific object snaps in a command acad won't use them and defaults to "none". Hope this makes sense, I know very little about lisp. Here is a portion of a routine that shows what I am talking about.

(COMMAND"PLINE" "END" PAUSE "NON" PAUSE "NON" PAUSE "END,QUA" PAUSE "")

Tia,
    Jeff

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Object snaps not working in lisp routines in 2012

I'm confused... In your post you complain about 'non' being applied, yet the code you posted (without [code ] tags) explicitly specifies 'non'... Please clarify.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about all the osnaps in the example I gave. The example shows how the osanps are supposedd to work, the first pick is an endpoint, the next two don't' use an osnap and the last pick is either an endpoint or quadrant, this has worked fine in every version from 2000i to 2011. when I run the lisp routine in 2012, it's like my osnaps were turned off, I still get 4 picks, but no osnaps. I can set osmode before the command but it messes up my middle two picks.

Login to Give a bone

All I can think of which might affect this is the OSnapCoord sysvar. Though I can't see why it should disallow forced snaps. It must be something strange with your setup, on my Vanilla 2012 your code works perfectly, no matter what my OSMode is set to.

Are you using a localized (different language than English) version of ACad? If so try adding an underscore prefix. E.g. "_END". Could you perhaps copy your command-line messages here (press F2 to see the history).
    Knowledge is proportional to experience, but wisdom is inversely proportional to ego!
    My little bit of "wisdom": Hind-sight is useless, unless used to improve the next forethought!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try tonight when I get home. I am hoping it's just a system variable or setting that is easily fixed. Having almost 30-40 of my routines not working correctly is frustrating.

I'm using the English version of ADT as acad, I was doing the same with 2011 and everything worked fine.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks irneb, changing the system variable did the trick, don't know how it was changed but that did it.