Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    2015-10
    Posts
    17
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

    I'm trying to setup a model review to check through my list of around 50-100 floorplans and make sure the visibility of specific filters is checked/unchecked. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

    I'm working in Revit MEP 2011.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    I could stop if I wanted to
    Join Date
    2004-06
    Location
    Port Moody, BC
    Posts
    348
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

    Quote Originally Posted by creyc View Post
    I'm trying to setup a model review to check through my list of around 50-100 floorplans and make sure the visibility of specific filters is checked/unchecked. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

    I'm working in Revit MEP 2011.

    Thanks!
    Can you make a view template with the correct checked/unchecked filters that only stores the filter settings and then apply these to the required views? it could be done manually in the project browser or via programming I would imagine.

  3. #3
    100 Club
    Join Date
    2004-02
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    186
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

    Unfortunately, this is not a check that the Model Review tool can do (out of the box).
    I think Drew's suggestion is the only thing that would work (because the API is a bit weak when it comes to dealing with View Filters).

    You could do this either as a standalone addin, or (if you are doing other Model Review checks) you could do it as a Model Review plugin.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    2015-10
    Posts
    17
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

    Quote Originally Posted by drewj View Post
    Can you make a view template with the correct checked/unchecked filters that only stores the filter settings and then apply these to the required views? it could be done manually in the project browser or via programming I would imagine.
    Thanks, I thought about this option however many views have their own specific filters so I'd need almost as many templates as I have views. I was hoping I could directly interface the Visibility checkbox for a specific filter through model review checks, but haven't found anything useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmason.65315
    You could do this either as a standalone addin, or (if you are doing other Model Review checks) you could do it as a Model Review plugin.
    Any tips on where to start digging in to the SDK to find where to find view filter overrides? I've been searching the official 2011 API for a while now but not exactly sure what to look for.

  5. #5
    100 Club
    Join Date
    2004-02
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    186
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

    I'm sorry I wasn't more clear... View Filter overrides don't exist in the API - even up to 2013. You can do Category and Element level overrides, and worksets in 2013 - but not filters.
    - View.SetVisibility()
    - View.SetWorksetVisibility()
    - View.Hide()

    at least that's been my experience...

Similar Threads

  1. Ability to "flatten" a model view into a drafting view.
    By IanR in forum Revit Architecture - Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-09-06, 06:21 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-10-23, 09:06 PM
  3. Tool palette "View Options" default!?
    By jgardner.79905 in forum AutoCAD Customization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-05-15, 04:53 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-11-15, 07:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •