Thread: Walls attached to multiple roofs with perpendicular wall clean up

Login to Give a bone

Default Walls attached to multiple roofs with perpendicular wall clean up

The closest threads I could find on this were from Revit versions 5-6 years ago. I'm working in Revit 2013 and have two different roof levels and attached a single wall to both of them. I have a perpendicular wall intersecting the first one between the two roof levels. This occurs several times in my model and I can't get the perpendicular wall to clean up. I am sure it has something to do with the roof attachment. This is a residential project. As is typical with Augi, I can't upload a picture (yes, I've contacted augi multiple times on this) so I'll try to explain in words as best as possible.

Imagine a typical suburban spec house. We are adding on a 3rd garage that has a pitched roof on it. Above this garage we're popping up a second level also with a pitched roof, but that part only sits over the middle of the garage. So the side wall has to attach to two different roofs and does so perfectly. But because I have a second level sitting over the middle of the garage, I now have an exterior wall that connects to the lower roof and upper roof and sits perpendicular to the side wall. That corner won't clean up.

Hopefully you can picture what I'm describing and can offer suggestions.

Thank you all.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Walls attached to multiple roofs with perpendicular wall clean up

Your picture may be too big....especially if you use the PrtScn method....Suggest using the snipping tool to take a snapshot of your 3D Window...

But sometimes you may need a little extra piece of wall to get them to join properly when the edit profile fails...
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    Your picture may be too big....
    Or maybe the limit is too small...

Login to Give a bone

As for posting pictures, the size is not the issue, I've tried all of them. Today was the first time it actually looked like it would upload, but then didn't. Usually it simply does nothing. I've emailed this before, discussed in on other threads and even had someone who was connected to Augi who tried to help...nothing.

As for the wall issue, adding in a piece of wall is only going to complicate an already complicated model. It's hard to imagine that others have not designed buildings like this, it's actually a pretty typical house design idea.

Where reference planes have Defines Origin checked
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams133 View Post
    As for posting pictures, the size is not the issue, I've tried all of them. Today was the first time it actually looked like it would upload, but then didn't. Usually it simply does nothing. I've emailed this before, discussed in on other threads and even had someone who was connected to Augi who tried to help...nothing.

As for the wall issue, adding in a piece of wall is only going to complicate an already complicated model. It's hard to imagine that others have not designed buildings like this, it's actually a pretty typical house design idea.
    I got an email from someone - I was actually copied on it. Hopefully your answer about uploading is in there so check your email.