Thread: ACAD 2013 - Is it the plot style tables missing or is it me thats missing something!??

Login to Give a bone

Default ACAD 2013 - Is it the plot style tables missing or is it me thats missing something!??

Hi Folks,

So had an issue with past 2 or 3 drawings we have recieved from other parties when I go to print them out for my colleagues.

Usually when I recieve and outside parties drawings I can just print them off using one of our plot style tables set up for monochrome or the generic company table (ctb files by the way!), this removes any issues with whatever colours the drawings have been produced with.

I can usually just do this in the plot dialog where at the top right hand side there is the drop down menu for plot styles, but in these past few case our standard tables have not appeared in the drop down, there are a couple of stb files listed but are not of any use.

I have checked the plot style folder via the options button under the big 'A', and everything appears to still be there, i just cant get the option to choose them.

This has only happened since upgrading to 2013. Has something changed? I hope I am missing something really simple here?

Thanks for any input.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD 2013 - Is it the plot style tables missing or is it me thats missing something!??

look into CONVERTPSTYLES command, or insert the drawing you received into a .ctb based template

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD 2013 - Is it the plot style tables missing or is it me thats missing something!??

An AutoCAD file is set to either use stb styles or ctb styles; it will only list the appropriate type when you go to plot. You'll either need to A) use and appropriate stb plot style (there should be a "monochrome.stb" style) or B) convert the files to use ctb with the CONVERTPSTYLES command.

Login to Give a bone

To put it another way - you and most of your clients use ctb files but this client uses stb files.

Login to Give a bone

Ah, perfect guys, the convertpstyles command worked, thanks.

I knew there were the 2 different types of plot style tables but funnily enough have never come up against this issue in years!!