Thread: Can't Find Arial.ttf Font

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Can't Find Arial.ttf Font

Hi AUGI Members,

We are using AutoCAD Architecture 2013 on 64bit Windows 7 workstations. All of our workstations are setup exactly the same however, on one computer, we are experiencing a strange font problem.

When using the following command (Command "-STYLE" "Dtest" "Arial.ttf" "1.00" "1" "0" "N" "N") the command fails with the message "Font file doesn't exist". This only occurrs on this one workstation, all of the other stations work fine and their AutoCAD environment is setup exactly the same. The Arial true type font is installed on all workstations so I do not think that is the problem. If I copy/clip a block file that has the Arial.ttf font in it......then the above command will work OK.

Has anyone come accross this type of problem....?? or have some recommendations or suggestions on how to resolve this issue....??

Your feedback will be appreciated....!

Regards,
    Vince

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't Find Arial.ttf Font

First, I'm up earlier than my usual and my head isn't on completely straight, so I apologize if this off-the-top-of-my-head idea is completely baseless, but...

It might matter if the actual filename of the font is different. In other words, one machine may have "arial.ttf" and another "Arial.ttf" though both would be coded to look the same in a font drop-down. (If I remember correctly, fonts in Truetype format have a "name" property in the header that many programs use for their display, which may or may not be the same as the filename.) You could try looking at the Fonts directory on a couple of machines for a comparison.