Thread: Conflicting Wall Sections Call Outs

Login to Give a bone

Default Conflicting Wall Sections Call Outs

I placed a "wall section" and detailed it and later in a "Building Section" I created a "call out". Revit gave it the same name as the wall sections eventhough it is in a complete different area of the building and so the number on the plan references the wrong wall section. Whats going on?

Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Conflicting Wall Sections Call Outs

When you create a callout, there is a checkbox on the options bar which can be ticked to Reference Other View. If you do that you get a drop down list of view names that the callout can refer to.

Is that what you did ?

Login to Give a bone

I'm not exactly sure. The "Call Out" in the "building Section" works fine so when I click on the bubble it goes to the call out wall section and thats perfect. Its the "wall section" in another part of the building that is somehow tied to this call out. I tried to simply delete the wall section but as soon as I do it also deletes the call out wall section. Is there a way to redirect this wall section to reference what it is actully cutting through.

Mike

Login to Give a bone

The only time a call out can be deleted is when it or it's parent view is deleted.

The situation you describe makes me think that the call-out is therefore derived directly from your wall section ( lets call that section 2 and the callout will be callout 2 ) If that is the case, the first section, ( we'll call section 1 ) must be referenced to callout 2.

So, if you select Section1 properties, under Identity Data - Name, it will list the name of Callout 2. Check the properties for Section 2 also; it's view name is probably the correct ame - Section 1.

Does that make any sense ?

Login to Give a bone

A section cut (call out) will show in any view that intersects the cut plane of the Callouts. <Line the opposite side of a building> You have several options. 1. Hide the annotation in the view. 2. Make the view hidden below certain scales. 3. Have the Callouts show only in the parent view. I think the last is what you are after. You need to experiment with the different options available in a detail, section and floor plan callouts.