Thread: Object Snaps

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Object Snaps

Summary: I wish you had the ability to use Object Snaps just as you do in Autocad

Description: When drawing in Autocad, you have the ability to use and adjust the object snap feature in a various number of ways. You can even use snaps to split the difference between two points, witch I personally use all the time. I wish Revit’s object snap feature functioned EXACTLY like Autocad, instead of just the limited capability it has. Why don’t leader points snap to something? Does it makes sense to zoom waaay in and "force" a leader to touch the object it is supposed to be calling out? Why doesn’t it just snap to it immediately. Where is the right-click sub menu to enforce different snap parameters during a command? I just think it would be much easier to model in revit if I could snap around a model and line things up as opposed to eye-balling them or changing things numerically.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Kevin Brisbin on 09/13/2012

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Object Snaps

Object Snaps

Summary: I wish you had the ability to use Object Snaps just as you do in Autocad

Description: When drawing in Autocad, you have the ability to use and adjust the object snap feature in a various number of ways. You can even use snaps to split the difference between two points, witch I personally use all the time. I wish Revit’s object snap feature functioned EXACTLY like Autocad, instead of just the limited capability it has. Why don’t leader points snap to something? Does it makes sense to zoom waaay in and "force" a leader to touch the object it is supposed to be calling out? Why doesn’t it just snap to it immediately. Where is the right-click sub menu to enforce different snap parameters during a command? I just think it would be much easier to model in revit if I could snap around a model and line things up as opposed to eye-balling them or changing things numerically.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Object Snaps

Summary: I wish you had the ability to use Object Snaps just as you do in AutoCAD

Description: When drawing in AutoCAD, you have the ability to use and adjust the object snap feature in a various number of ways. You can even use snaps to split the difference between two points, which I personally use all the time. I wish Revit’s object snap feature functioned EXACTLY like AutoCAD, instead of just the limited capability it has. Why don’t leader points snap to something? Does it makes sense to zoom waaay in and "force" a leader to touch the object it is supposed to be calling out? Why doesn’t it just snap to it immediately. Where is the right-click sub menu to enforce different snap parameters during a command? I just think it would be much easier to model in Revit if I could snap around a model and line things up as opposed to eye-balling them or changing things numerically.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Object Snaps

Summary: I wish you had the ability to use Object Snaps just as you do in AutoCAD

Description: When drawing in AutoCAD, you have the ability to use and adjust the object snap feature in a various number of ways. You can even use snaps to split the difference between two points, which I personally use all the time. I wish Revit’s object snap feature functioned EXACTLY like AutoCAD, instead of just the limited capability it has. Why don’t leader points snap to something? Does it makes sense to zoom waaay in and "force" a leader to touch the object it is supposed to be calling out? Why doesn’t it just snap to it immediately. Where is the right-click sub menu to enforce different snap parameters during a command? I just think it would be much easier to model in Revit if I could snap around a model and line things up as opposed to eye-balling them or changing things numerically.

Submitted By: kbrisbin803897 on 09/13/2012

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Object Snaps

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Revit Object Snap Improvements

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone