Thread: Trouble finding Architects Room Names

Login to Give a bone

Default Trouble finding Architects Room Names

I am having trouble getting the Architects Room/Area names to show up.

The last project I did was in 2011 and what I did for that was use Spaces and then in the space tag, change the parameters to read the room name/room number. This method worked great for that project.

I am now doing a project in 2012 and using that method is not working for me. There is a core area of the building where the Architect has used rooms, and a wing section of the building where they have used areas (due to the wing section being a bunch of the same units, they are labeled "Unit A", "Unit B", etc.).

-Using the space method has not worked, all the space tags show up as "Unoccupied".

-I tried importing their Room Tag. When I go to place a Room Tag, I can see the room boundaries laid out, but it wont let me select anything to place a tag. I also tried placing my own Room in the space and having it tag on placement. It will recognize the boundaries and place it, but it still will not read the architects information for the room.

-I tried creating an Area plan, but it still wont read any of the areas that the architect has put in there.

I'm kind of at a loss here, so any help is appreciated

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trouble finding Architects Room Names

Ok figured out my problem in case anybody else runs across this. Apologize if it was covered in a thread already, I couldn't find any for it.

The architect has phases "Existing", "Construction Documents", and "Completion". Their room/areas were created in the "Construction Documents" Phase. If you click on the Arch link, and under the properties, click on the phase mapping. My "New Construction" Phase was mapped to the "Completion" Phase from the linked Arch file and needed to be mapped to the "Construction Documents" Phase.

The room tags now show up how they are suppose to. And I can quit pulling my hair out..

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'd recommend mapping your model phases to the architects at the beginning of the project as part of your model setup process, same names and everything. We reduced confusion immeasurably once we figured that out.

Login to Give a bone

Agreed. Definitely going to do that next time around. Have only done a couple of Revit projects so far, so still learning on stuff like this..