Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Part callout tags

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Part callout tags

I am looking for a Dynamic Part Callout Tag that will not break apart when streching one end or the other and the base point woun't float around but stay in one location, i.e. Arrow tip or ball center. I am also looking to be able to change the arrow to a ball as well as flip the entire tag and comments. I would also like to be able to change the "bubble" from a Hexigon to Circle to Triangle to Square. The Part number with in the "bubble" will need to recognize other callouts on the sheet and ask if it should autonumber based on the highest number there. Also would need to be able to select the preceeding letter, i.e. "R" in R3 or "E" in E5 etc. If it could reconognize the block that the arrow or Circle base p oint touches and accepts the blocks name as the Description would be great as well. It could then count the number of same blocks to auto populate the qty. Can any help me with this or find one that has already been made? My searches have come up empty. Please advise, Thank you!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Part callout tags

First things first: Punt.

Strip the block back to the beginning and get each piece to work then move onto the next.
    There is no Basepoint Parameter in the Block.
    You seem to have multiple Polar Parameters stacked on top of one another.
    There are Stretch Actions and Polar Stretch Actions tied to these Polar Parameters.
    You have a Stretch Action with nothing selected but a Polar Parameter as far as I can tell.
    Vis States can be added for the various shapes.

As far as the autonumber and tying the Attribs to other Attribs you will need to seek programming help.
    Get the block working as you want it first then do the Attribs.

So, where did you get this block?

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for responding clshade, I posted a request for help with this block back in May. I did get some help then but I still had issues with the block coming apart after it was inserted. As far as where I got the block, I created it from exploding a multileader and then adding the Mtext outside the block. A multileader in its natural state will not allow for movement like I want nor will it allow for mText and a block style at the same time. Hence, I created one. Do you know of any such call-outs that are already made? Feel free to view the help I received from that post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ock-Assistance).

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I asked about the block because I have the same one in my Library.
    I've attached. Does it fall apart as yours does?
    When experimenting with yours the Polar Actions that were at the point of the arrow are what was giving it trouble.
    Also if the Polar Action is set up properly the number of Grip Points should be set to one and that point should be at the place it meets the geometric shape.

There are several in the drawing file but you will recognize the one you started with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I am using 2012m and I cannot open your file. Please advise

Was able to download Trueview and convert. Your Dynamic Leader Bubble is the same as the one I received in May. Is it posible to get both the arrow end and the text end to move independent from each other? I have inserted it into a drawing to test; it works ok but when when I create new attributes, the text will flip while in the text mode but will not in a drawing. Please see attachced and advise, thanks.
    Last edited by Darren Allen; 2012-09-25 at 01:32 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Is this closer to what you are looking for?

Caveat - The Basepoint Parameter is included in this block. It is not moving with the Polar Action at the tip of the arrow because it is under the grip point. It will however allow the Leader to be placed with the Tip point every time and then the end can be manipulated.

Login to Give a bone

OK...so...I am trying to learn how to edit these dynamic leaders so I know how to create and modify as needed. I can get everything to move and stretch the way I want them to except the arrow head. (I can live the base point holding still at the arrows point, in ref from above posts.) The arrow head will either not rotate in line with the leader line or when it does rotate it skews like it is rotating through 3D space. I know I am missing something very simple and I want to learn this the process rather than have someone fix it for me, so I am not going to upload the dwg. Instead, if someone could, please write out the steps to accomplish this (with screen shots please?) or direct me to where someone already has done this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Are you using a Polar Stretch Action from the Actions Tab or one of the pre-made Polar Parameter Sets?
    If you using the Polar Parameter Set stop.

What you see going on in the previously posted DynBlk is the Polar Action selection set includes the Arrow.
    It does not however include the Arrow in the Stretch portion of the Action. Only the Rotation.
    If you pull from the predefined Parameter Sets you are not given the option to include or exclude items from the Stretch or Rotation options of this Action
    Polar Stretch is the only Action that has two distinct selection sets contained in its structure.
    Insert one and try, pay attention to the Command line and you will notice that it asks you to Specify Objects to Stretch and then when you hit Enter it will ask you to Specify Objects to Rotate Only.
    You must do both these steps, regardless of whether or not you choose any entities for one portion or the other in order to complete the functionality of this Action.
    And the same is true if you wish to remove and entity from the Polar Stretch Action. You must remove the entities from both the Stretch portion and the Rotation portion.
    It is very easy to forget the Rotation side and wonder why did I have to hit Enter twice to finish that Action?

When dragging the Polar Parameter Set to the Block to use it will automatically include all Entities in both Selection sets. You would need to remove the Arrow from the Rotation portion to get this to work.
    BACTIONBARMODE set to 0 (zero) it is easier to achieve this IMHO. (Lighting bolts vs. Icons)
    BACTIONBARMODE set to 1 requires you to right click the icon and go thru additional steps that the other allows mouse clicks to achieve.

Login to Give a bone

I do thank for your help with CShade. Although I am still confused. I have tried your suggestion and still having issues. I have uploaded a DWG that has both objects I am looking to combind. I still cannot find a way to do this with out exploding the ACAD Leader. I am llooking for action of the Leader with the data information next to it as show. The Data will have to be constrained to set distance from the the leader block so when the block head gets moved the data moves with as well as be smart enough to know if it is on the right or left when flipped. Please Advise, Thank you.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I added a Stretch Action to the landing as well as a Move Action for Distance2 Parameter to this one.

What more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast