Thread: Connecting to Pipe Connector Inside a Group from Outside the Group Adds a Union

Login to Give a bone

Default Connecting to Pipe Connector Inside a Group from Outside the Group Adds a Union

I'm having some difficulty connecting pipes to a pipe connector that is inside of a group. Every time that I connect to the pipe connector, Revit automatically adds a union. I don't want a union. Any ideas?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Connecting to Pipe Connector Inside a Group from Outside the Group Adds a Union

This is the typical behavior for groups, explode the group or live with the unions. Model Groups have many advantages, and the union shouldnt be a big deal. If its visibility that you are concerned about, when the design is complete, explode all of your model groups and delete the unions, the ducts/pipies should join when they are removed.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Connecting to Pipe Connector Inside a Group from Outside the Group Adds a Union

That's a little bit annoying, but I guess that's just how you have to deal with Revit sometimes. I decided to just create a special "union" for my butt-weld piping that is only 1/16" long with the visibility turned off. That looks good enough to me.