See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Surgery Room - Revit

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Surgery Room - Revit

SurgeryRoom_V1_Screen_NP.jpg

Looking for some feedback and if I'm fortunate enough, some "AUGI cred".

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Surgery Room - Revit

Great piece!

Check the geometry on the tile to the left of the pad. Either there needs to be more vertexes or there's some overlap. The other side doesn't seem to have this so maybe apply a symmetry modifier to the "good half."

Only a couple minor suggestions:

A little Photoshop "love" in levels and contrast
    You've shown some attention to randomness in the layout of the equipment (which is awesome, by the way), so if you have time, tweak the wheels on the chairs so that they aren't aligned with their adjacent leg.

Again, great work! Looking forward to seeing more!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Glen for the comments. I couldn't really help the geometry since this was a Revit floor. Do you know of anyway to increase the "arcs" in Revit? Otherwise I'll have to add another one or two vertex's in 3dsMax, which I sort of dread doing because it isn't "original" modeling. I'll have to get over that I guess.
    I'm bound and determined to make this image "pop" more with the levels and contrast, except that a surgery room is meant to be very light and monotone. agghhh photoshop! where's the, make it like I want it to look button..! haha!
    I must be a noob, since I didn't put some wander on the wheels. Good suggestion.
    Is the surgery table too "flat"? I feel like I could make that baby blue vinyl have more stretch marks and wave to them...?

How in the world do I get rid of the light penetrating between the soffit and ceiling? See that halo-glow around the ceiling in the room? that does not exist and it has something to do with the ambient occlusion I thought... Believe me, it is sealed with no gaps. Final gather causing this? Global Illumination?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rbcameron1 View Post
    I'm bound and determined to make this image "pop" more with the levels and contrast, except that a surgery room is meant to be very light and monotone. agghhh photoshop! where's the, make it like I want it to look button..! haha!
    I have to say, I love this one. I think it looks beautiful and couldn't offer any suggestions.

But, then again, I work in a hospital, not a design/viz office.
    I say it looks just like our ORs did... you know, before they began using them and started banging stuff up and cluttering it.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Holy cow, mind blown. I opened my old surgery rendering image on my Asus tablet yesterday and did ONE filter to it on the stock android app for photos. This is what happened.SurgeryRoom_V1_Screen_NP2.jpg

I rarely use photoshop, but now my tablet might be my post-production work around.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rbcameron1 View Post
    Holy cow, mind blown. I opened my old surgery rendering image on my Asus tablet yesterday and did ONE filter to it on the stock android app for photos. This is what happened.SurgeryRoom_V1_Screen_NP2.jpg

I rarely use photoshop, but now my tablet might be my post-production work around.
    Wow. That's awesome! I would believe that could be a real photo if it weren't for the bottles in the cabinet on the left being identically placed on the two shelves. Kudos!