Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pranking someone's Autocad (need help)

Login to Give a bone

Default Pranking someone's Autocad (need help)

So I wanted to prank my colleagues Autocad while he was away from his desk, but when he got back he just looked at the command line and saw what I had done

Is there any way to hide the stuff you type into the command line?

I set his Dragmode to off and his pickfirst = 0.
    Last edited by Boozbaz154610; 2012-09-26 at 05:52 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pranking someone's Autocad (need help)

Quote Originally Posted by Boozbaz154610 View Post
    Specific answer to that question:

Set NOMUTT to 1, which in itself is a good one if the user doesn't know this sysvar.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

So I wanted to prank my colleagues Autocad while he was away from his desk, but when he got back he just looked at the command line and saw what I had done
    AutoCAD Prank: FAIL

I set his Dragmode to off and his pickfirst = 0.
    There is, if you load code through LISP, .NET, etc... But why?

You could always just make AutoCAD Speak.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Specific answer to that question:

Set NOMUTT to 1, which in itself is a good one if the user doesn't know this sysvar.

This still shows at the command line, unless loaded via LISP (which also shows at the command line if dragged into the editor), and followed by a (princ) call.

Code:
    Command: e
    ERASE
    Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:

Command: (setvar 'nomutt 1)
    ... Further, it makes it so that the line you just entered is _literally_ the last line visible. LoL

Instead, just 'veto' a small handful of commands, by Blocking AutoCAD commands from .NET. Lemon squeezy.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

what i did before was change the crosshair color to match the background color.

background is black and crosshair is black

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    This still shows at the command line
    You're right. NOMUTT does not suppress what the user enters, it only suppresses command prompts.
    Sorry about that.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Why not just hold "esc" key for a good few seconds then do command & hold "esc" again? He would still be able to find it in the command line but he'd have to search through a million "cancel" commands and might scroll right past it..lol

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    You're right. NOMUTT does not suppress what the user enters, it only suppresses command prompts.
    Sorry about that.
    No worries, RK

Quote Originally Posted by tmad101185 View Post
    Why not just hold "esc" key for a good few seconds then do command & hold "esc" again? He would still be able to find it in the command line but he'd have to search through a million "cancel" commands and might scroll right past it..lol
    WARNING: Use this at your own risk.

I'm only mentioning this, as it is already a well known, and documented behavior... One that should NEVER be used for malicious purposes. Those that do use this for malicious purposes should be terminated on the spot.

** Edit to add - If you do something malicious, then you deserve this and then some (IMO).

The only way for you to effectively prank your coworker (using LISP), without their noticing blatant manual entries at their command line upon their return, is for you to effectively prank them by never leaving your desk, and their never leaving theirs... How to do this?

Simple.

Create a LISP file named AcadDoc.lsp, and save it to a project folder, making sure to set the Hidden, and/or Read-Only attributes in the file's properties. The next time someone (anyone) opens a drawing in that directory, AutoCAD will programmatically load this file. It does this due to the nature of the FindFile() Method/LispFunction.

Unfortunately, this file can be found, even if not visible in the project directory... Which allows you to exploit the behavior for fun-loving, non-malicious pranks.

Couple of things to note:

Your AcadDoc.lsp file (in the project directory) will be loaded even if the first path in their Support File Search Path (SFSP) has one of their own, or the company version, as the DWGPREFIX system variable string (file path) is searched prior to SFSP.

This is how the Acad*[.lsp [.fas]] virus is perpetuated, and why I've coded a custom .NET 'AcAntiVirus##' plug-in, where ## represents the databse version (i.e., 18, 19, etc.), and this plug-in has a registry key to auto[-NET]load which uses IExtensionApplication.Initialize() to instantiate the DocumentCollection Event handler prior to any Acad* files being loaded in the startup sequence.

I demonstrate this in this thread.

In any event, given that your prankster AcadDoc.lsp file will be loaded by anyone opening a drawing from that directory, you might want to include a check for the person your trying to prank, by looking at the returned value of the LOGINNAME system variable, then proceed to prank them, and clean up your efforts by using vl-File-Delete on your own file, then invoking the LOAD function on the returned string for a supplementary call to (Findfile "AcadDoc.lsp") ... which *should* be their own file, effectively pulling off your prank, and never having to leave your desk to do so.

Lemon squeezy.

** Edit to add - Oh, and if I wasn't clear on this already, you deserve what you get if you try something malicious.
    Last edited by RenderMan; 2012-09-27 at 02:42 PM.

Computer Specs:

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

When I was setting up our office's AutoCAD menus, I included a command with an icon in the image of a red button with no other description. I denied knowledge and feigned disinterest "It's probably just left over from the menu file I used as as template. Doesn't matter". Upon clicking said button, the current file was quick-saved and a skull-and-crossbones block was inserted into the drawing, which would laugh (moving jaw lines) as random areas of the drawing were deleted (erase; crossing window), layers randomly shifted colors, and text would appear: "You just had to do it, didn't you?". Then it would erase everything, save the drawing (as a copy in a fixed folder) several times so the user would see that it was saving, and then close the drawing. It got a few people pretty well, but the ultra-CAD-savvy will undoubtedly figure it out. But perhaps fiddling with his commands would be crossing the line, though...

Login to Give a bone

I had some fun with this one IFART

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast