Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using Fields to AutoUpdate Table of Contents

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using Fields to AutoUpdate Table of Contents

Thank you for the updated lisp. I will give it a workout and reply with my feedback. I did get a hold of the the person you recommended. He would be willing to do a face to face training only my employer will not pay for the trip to his location. Do you know of anyone else state side that you feel comfortable recommending? You...by chance? Thanks again!

It works great, Thanks! As with any desing process...Just one more change request.... I attempted to change the look of the TOC block into one long column with undesired affects. I uploaded the new look of the TableOfContents block...it was also determined that the PLANE attribute no longer is required as the designers can simply add the data to that sheet's SCONTENT block. This is working slick, Thanks for all your efforts!!!
    Last edited by Darren Allen; 2012-10-12 at 01:44 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Allen View Post
    Do you know of anyone else state side that you feel comfortable recommending? You...by chance? Thanks again!
    I'll ask around for you. as for me. i'm like 9511.35 miles away from the US of A .

It works great, Thanks! As with any desing process...Just one more change request.... I attempted to change the look of the TOC block into one long column with undesired affects. I uploaded the new look of the TableOfContents block...it was also determined that the PLANE attribute no longer is required as the designers can simply add the data to that sheet's SCONTENT block. This is working slick, Thanks for all your efforts!!!
    What version is that again?

You are welcome Darren.

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

What version is that again?

Sorry, I keep forgetting. Try this one. (as soon as it allows me to upload again) Had to restart PC inorder to upload.

I was also wondering if fields from one layout can reflect data of fields from another layout?
    Last edited by Darren Allen; 2012-10-15 at 06:42 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

See attached file

TableOfContents.dwg

I was also wondering if fields from one layout can reflect data of fields from another layout?
    Yes, it is possible. but i would rather use the source where the fields are reference and not the fields itself.
    What do you have in mind?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pbejse View Post
    See attached file

TableOfContents.dwg

Yes, it is possible. but i would rather use the source where the fields are reference and not the fields itself.
    What do you have in mind?
    Thank you for updating the TOC Block. How do I either remove the Plane feature or at least have the option to make it invisible...I was able to figure this out by removing the Plane Attribute within the Scontent Block. Works GREAT! Thanks

I am not sure, but I think, that "by the source" you mean the blocks? I do not know how to link the two. Currently I have to manually fill in the chart in paperspace to reflect what is in Model space. This can be seen in the Blank File I uploaded on an earlier reply of this post. Can this be done automatcally? Then I take the data from that chart and transfer it to another chart on another layout sheet's paper space. Let me know if you need morre info.
    Last edited by Darren Allen; 2012-10-16 at 06:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123