Thread: Room Tags and Annotation Crop; Visibility Graphics for Revit Links

Login to Give a bone

Default Room Tags and Annotation Crop; Visibility Graphics for Revit Links

Two questions.

First, why does turning on annotation crop cause some of my room tags to disappear? I kept getting an error saying elements not visible in view when placing rooms (with auto tag on placement turned on). Turns out, it couldn't tag the rooms due to the annotation crop being turned on. When I turn off annotation crop, room tags show up correctly. Not all room tags were affected. Only 3 out of the dozen or so in the view. All rooms have same settings, limits, offsets, etc. I cannot figure this one out for the life of me.

Second, when you go into Visibility Graphics, Revit Links, and select custom settings for annotation categories, why would the top check box for 'Show annotation categories in this view' not work? I wanted to turn all annotation categories off for a linked Revit file in a certain view of my file, but when I uncheck that box, nothing happens. If I recheck the box, and then turn off the specific category of annotation categories, it turns off. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Room Tags and Annotation Crop; Visibility Graphics for Revit Links

in answer to your first questiin it sound like annotation crop is doing exactly what it's supposed. It's cropping your annotations.

Login to Give a bone

Second question: If you want to turn off all the annotation, you press V + V then untick the 'show annotation catagories in this view'. If you want to turn off the annotation in the linked files as opposed to the host file, you have to tick the box on the basics tab, then go to the annotation tab, click custom, then un-tick 'show annotation catagories in this view, for each linked file. Tedious, I know...

Login to Give a bone

@Duncan: The rooms were entirely within the crop and annotation crop boundaries. Turns out, whoever created the room tag families had something off in space somewhere so it thought that the room tags were that big, thus cropping the tags. You were correct, in a roundabout way.

@gbrowne: I want to know why when you uncheck that box for showing annotations, why would that NOT turn off annotations. For instance, I unchecked that box for the Revit link but it would not turn things off. I have to go find the actual category (Generic Annotations) in order for it to turn off. Thoughts?

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Because when you set a link to be shown 'by linked view' it is no longer set to be viewed 'by host view'. Therefore your changes to Model Categories in the host view do not reach down and affect the link.