Thread: Current Sheet (Set) Custom in Sheet Set Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Current Sheet (Set) Custom in Sheet Set Manager

Hi all,

I am having an issue where I am trying to get the CurrentSheetCustom and the CurrentSheetSetCustom field areas to work properly. When I go to insert at field in a block and go to the CUrrentSheetSetCustom or the CurrentSheetCustom, and go to the Custom Property Name drop down box, there is nothing there, as seen in the following picture:

However, if I go to the specific sheet set, I can find the custom properties that I have created, as shown in the following picture:

So, my question is: Why is there nothing in that 1st drop down box? Do I need to add these custom properties to a "global" setting of some kind? And if so, how can I do that?

~Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Current Sheet (Set) Custom in Sheet Set Manager

In your first screenshot.....are you working in a layout that is part of the Sheet Set?

I've seen many occasions where users will be working in a drawing, setting up the fields, and the drawing/layout is not part of the SS.
    In this case, the custom properties will not show up.
    You can either work on a layout that is part of the SS, or add your working drawing to the SS temporarily.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Yes, the drawing is part of the sheet set. Basically, I took our title block file, made it the "Sheet creation template," and created a new sheet. I then started to edit the areas that I wanted to be fields, but trying to think that I would want more "generalized" fields for future sets, I was trying to use the "currentsheet" fields so that when I create a new set in the future, I do not have to add all these custom properties again, and add all the fields again. So, to my understanding, the "CurrentSheet" fields are more generalized, whereas the fields I was setting up in my second screenshot are just specific to that sheet set.

So, I guess I am wondering if I can add these "custom properties" I have been adding to this sheet set..... to all future sheet sets when they are created?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Even if the drop-down portion isn't working properly, or isn't in a file that's associated with a sheet set containing that custom property, you can type it in manually and it should work (as long as, of course, it's used in a file associated with a sheet set containing an EXACT MATCH custom property).

Login to Give a bone

I believe one of the problems I have discovered is that in the "Enhanced Attribute Editor," a couple of the "Values" were changed. However, if I delete the values, all that is left is a blank space, which I think the editor sees as me trying to 'override' the default values. How do I get these values to reset to their default values? Meaning, how can I get the value to not be overwritten and read the value in the attribute definition?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is what ATTSYNC is supposed to do. However, when I do that, my block disappears.
    Last edited by tigerarb943688; 2012-10-03 at 11:07 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I have also tried RESETBLOCK, but that didn't seem to do anything. It doesn't make the block move, or reset any of the text.