Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scheduling Spot Coordinates for Sloped, Warped, and Slanted Wall

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Scheduling Spot Coordinates for Sloped, Warped, and Slanted Wall

Hi,

I am working with a Rhino model that I have brought into Revit. Since it isn't Revit model and can not section it well enough to document each warped panel. Also since the Vertical memebers are not parallel to each other I can't turn it into a curtainwall in Revit. I was thinking I could compute the warpage and curve if I used spot coordinates and elevations and put them into a schedule. However I don't think annotations can be scheduled. Can they? Any ideas? I am using RAC13.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scheduling Spot Coordinates for Sloped, Warped, and Slanted Wall

Most likely, it can be done in Revit, which will make the rest of tasks easier to do. Can you post an image?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You mentioned not being able to section it properly. There might be a fix for this. Instead of linking/importing directly into your Revit project, create a new family based on the Generic Model template, and import the Rhino model into that. Then load the family into the Revit project. I'd be interested to find out whether this makes the sections display as expected.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Antman your idea worked very well in most resepcts! I can now cut slivers of sections to get my radius and anglesand this helps a lot! I can still dim to but now can't spot cordinate to it like I could do when imported the .sat file into a revit mass as I had done before. Now that I can do sections I may be able to document it without have in schedule to spot cordinate though I'd still like to know if it could be done. Thank you!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Here is the building. It will be an all metal facade and the rectangles are cutouts in the panels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I can't tell from your image: is that a plan, section, or 3D view?

If you really want to get into a Rhino-Revit interoperability, there's been some big strides that would make your life easier. Check out these sites:
    http://designreform.net/
    http://buildz.blogspot.com/
    http://nmillerarch.blogspot.com/
    http://www.case-inc.com/apps/content...-3dm-file-data
    You'll be able to bring Rhino information into Revit as native Revit information and therefore schedule it how you see fit. Buildz has a post about measuring and scheduling "warpage".

As for sections working, Anthony is correct, but having done this a bunch, I'd vote for either importing the Rhino SAT into a conceptual mass family then load or directly into a in-place mass or family in your project. If you are using it for face-based objects, go with a mass. Otherwise an in-place family is better.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Damon - thanks for the links I will check them out. The workflow I tried prior to posting here was Rhino exported as .sat then into Revit conceptual mass family then into my project. Not able to setion very well with that workflow but I can however spot coordinate and spot elevation. The image I posted is a 3D view which you see the facade and the floor slabs.

Login to Give a bone

I have not tested this, but I think there may be a way to make some sort of a family component that is basically a work point. If you place these work points by snapping to critical points on the geometry, you may be able to schedule the 'work point' component.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG-BIM View Post
    Damon - thanks for the links I will check them out. The workflow I tried prior to posting here was Rhino exported as .sat then into Revit conceptual mass family then into my project. Not able to setion very well with that workflow but I can however spot coordinate and spot elevation.
    Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG-BIM View Post
    The image I posted is a 3D view which you see the facade and the floor slabs.
    Still having a hard time visualizing what this thing is. I ask because I can't see how spot coordinates and spot elevations would actually help you document the project. I thought if I could understand the project better, I could imagine alternative ways to document the panels.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mthurnauer View Post
    I have not tested this, but I think there may be a way to make some sort of a family component that is basically a work point. If you place these work points by snapping to critical points on the geometry, you may be able to schedule the 'work point' component.
    Would said work point include Northing, Easting, and Elevation? And that data could be sent to a fabricator? Honestly, this whole idea still seems very 'sci-fi' to me since I don't have any personal experience in it. Sounds like fun though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast