Thread: Properties Box in the Tab Panel

Login to Give a bone

Default Properties Box in the Tab Panel

I have Architecture 2011.

How do I get the Properties Panel that use to be on older versions to my Home Tab?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Properties Box in the Tab Panel

You could use the CUI command and customize your ACA.cuix file to include those tools. Working from memory right now, but I believe you would either have to build the panel from scratch, or use the Transfer tab to copy that panel from the ACAD.cuix file.

Login to Give a bone

What I like to do is just dock the Properties palette on the left using the autohide option. Type PROPERTIES to show the palette. Then rt+click on its properties menu and check Allow Docking and Anchor Left.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    What I like to do is just dock the Properties palette on the left using the autohide option. Type PROPERTIES to show the palette. Then rt+click on its properties menu and check Allow Docking and Anchor Left.
    Me, too, except I keep mine on the right side. Which is why I have not customized my CUI to add the property controls to the ribbon someplace.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks dkoch & Ed
    I also have my properties docked (on left) with auto hide, but I also work on another pc with AutoCad 2010 and it has the properties box as a tab in the ribbon which just shows the colour, line weight and line type. I like this because it is a quick reference to see as soon as you click on an item and you can change it there.
    Looks like 2011 Architecture doesn't have it and I will have to build my own?

Login to Give a bone

The controls are all defined, they just are not placed on a ribbon panel (which is therefore not on a ribbon tab). If you are looking to work on your CUI skills, then working out how to create a new panel, add tools and then add the panel to a ribbon tab could be a worthwhile exercise. If you just want the Properties panel ASAP so you can get back to work, then I would suggest using the transfer tab of the CUI dialog to import the one defined in the ACAD.cuix into your ACA.cuix. Then add the panel to the Home ribbon tab (or wherever you want it).

PS: FWIW, ACA never had the Properties panel on a ribbon tab. ACAD did and does (so far as I know; I cannot check in 2012 or 2013 at the moment).