Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post it Note *

Default Re: Post it Note *

It would be greater to add the post-it note as part of the status bar tray icons, so that when you open AutoCAD it pops up as balloon message.

Like the following illustration:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Re: Post it Note *

Quote Originally Posted by huascarfdez
    It would be greater to add the post-it note as part of the status bar tray icons, so that when you open AutoCAD it pops up as balloon message.

Like the following illustration:
    nice. dig the illustration...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

In outlook you have something called notes, which are similar to post it notes. I use them on a regular bases and you can save them.

I could stop if I wanted to JASONM30395's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jntopper
    In outlook you have something called notes, which are similar to post it notes. I use them on a regular bases and you can save them.
    But can you associate them with a specific drawing?
    (I'm thinking notes for if someone else has to go into the drawing)
    Loyalty above all else except honor
    For my honor is my life!

Thumbs up Re: Post it Note *

I have been using this Post it Note a little more that a month now. It is great to be able to have it open and jot down what was change in the drawing. Before I would write them down on paper and it would get lost or I would make a mental not and for get it. It also helped when I was asked what was changed and if it had any problems with it.

Has anyone ever happen to you when you are working on a project?

Thank you

I have been using the Post it note for a while now and I really like it. I would like to see this as part of AutoCAD.

Thank you,

Brad

I could stop if I wanted to LanceMcHatton's Avatar

I think the whole note thing is a great idea. But I think any one specific way is too limiting. I think the taskbar idea is good but maybe it should simply alert you that there are notes in the drawing and let's you "see" them or not. The big yellow post-it square is also good but only for a general type of list. You can't point to anything with a big post-it. Having the ability to point to a specific area would be fantastic but do you layer control it? color control it? etc... I think it would be best to turn that one into little flashing icons (with a no-plot OPTION). It would be very easy to see them if they were little red sirens flashing on the screen that we could turn off if too annoying. When you hover over them, a balloon expands with a note or list.

If AutoCAD could combine all three aspects listed above (taskbar notification, post-it notes, and flashing indicators) that would be fantastic.

And then, to top it all off, have the capability to produce some sort of report with all the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by LMcHatton
    If AutoCAD could combine all three aspects listed above (taskbar notification, post-it notes, and flashing indicators) that would be fantastic.

And then, to top it all off, have the capability to produce some sort of report with all the notes.
    Why stop there ... These notes should also be available to the sheet set manager to allow notes to reference more than one drawing within the set, or so that all the notes from the entire set can be reported on.

I just think that the real benefit of these types of "sticky notes" will be realized if they can be used to some degree as a project management tool.

Just a CAD Managers 2 cents ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123