Thread: Door Schedule - Panel Type and Frame Type

Login to Give a bone

Default Door Schedule - Panel Type and Frame Type

OK, I have been asked the question "why doesn't any of our door parameters populate in our door schedule when a door is placed in the model?" And the next question is "can you make that happen?" The complaint is that it takes so long to populate the door schedule with each parameter and in our case we schedule 6 parameters per door [(LEAF - TYPE, MATERIAL, FINISH) and (FRAME - TYPE, MATERIAL, FINISH) (see attachment)]. A typical project in our office can easily have several hundred doors. I attack the issue by utilizing the "select all instances" command to quickly populated the schedule.

On the other hand I have invested the time to created our door families as specific panel (or leaf) types (Single Flush, Narrow Lite, Half-Glass, Full-Glass...Double Flush, Narrow Lite,...Double Uneven Leaf...and so on), and frame type (Type 1, Type 2, these are typical). The frame types are 2" hollow metal frame and 2" hollow metal frame with 4" head for masonry openings. With that said we have a fairly large door family library. Anyway, both panel type and frame type are instance parameters built into the door family template, and are nested into the family so I can't just change the parameter from an instance to a type parameter. Since I have invested the time to create each panel type door family how do I get the panel type and frame type to populate the door schedule? Do I create a shared parameter called "Panel Type" or "Leaf Type"? In spite of the fact that there is already a Panel Type parameter in the door family? At the moment I am stuck. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule - Panel Type and Frame Type

Its the "Family Type" parameter that your looking for to switch between the different types of frames and panels....

For the material and types for frames and leafs you will need to add shared parameters to the doors or add them to the schedule..
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

I am also interested in how you can schedule the nested shared panel family, Panel Type in the same row as a cell in the door schedule... I have a door family with shared nested panels, both the hosted door family and the nested families are door families. I am trying to schedule the nested shared panel by Type in the Door schedule and I am having a difficult time reducing it to 1 row, where as the Panel Type will be used in the same row as the hosted door. In other words a collapsible schedule. I am currently in Version 2016, maybe it is a Version issue? Or is this something that cannot be achieved (yet) with Revit Schedules?

Login to Give a bone

So the Hack that I've seen for this is to have the nested panel only have one time and the type name needs to be the same as the family name. The family also has to be shared I believe. You would then need to nest all of your parameters in the assembly so it can drive the nested panel dimensions when you want to change it. At least that's how I remember being able to do it it. You're then scheduling the Family Selector parameter. At least this is how the CTC super doors were set up if I remember correctly.