View Poll Results: I can see a requirement for this.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

5 45.45%
  • Disagree

0 0%
  • Dont care

3 27.27%
  • High priority for me.

3 27.27%

Thread: shift, ctrl, or alt in keyboard accelarators

AUGI Addict

Default shift, ctrl, or alt in keyboard accelarators

when I customize keyboard accelarators I want to be able to use shift, ctrl, or alt plus a single key. I can then easily link Revit to Voice control software, fingerpad or multi button mouse to do any command I like..... at the moment it appears many bits of alternative input hardware and software dont like to assign say "WA" to a button, rather something like "Shift+W". Revit is very restrictive in this respect at the moment, I have used many other bits of software that I have customised keyboard input and Revit is the first to not let me use these buttons.

All AUGI, all the time

Default Re: shift, ctrl, or alt in keyboard accelarators

I couldn't get by without "keyboard shortcuts" - letters alone do it for me - sorry I just hate using the "control, shift, alt keys. I never did use the F-keys in Autocad neither. I don't want to have to look at the keyboard while working.

Regards

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar

I'm too accustomed to the Photoshop shortcuts using Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys...it would only screw me up trying it in Revit. But then...I have nothing against people being able to set it up for themselves.

From a very early stage when I was learning Autocad, I was looking for ways to improve on to scoot around the drawing. I ended up using the windows 3.1 macro recorder back then to assign different keys to my zoom window & zoom previous. I also had set it up to use escape as a cancel! R12 was Control+C back then. I still use a macro recorder program to do this. Now I have assigned my F1 and F2 function keys to zoom previous and zoom in, respectively. I can do this with autocad no problems but with Revit I cannot assign the F1 key to anything. Even within the Revit Shortcuts text file! I would like Revit to be given this functionality as F1 is a part of my thought process and I am sick of seeing the Help window pop up every time I mistakenly press it!!