See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: wish: select a multi-line text and layer, color, dim style, text size, etc would be set

Login to Give a bone

Default wish: select a multi-line text and layer, color, dim style, text size, etc would be set

Description:
    Here's the issue: I'm working on drawings / details at different scales all in the same model space. When I have to note up a detail, for example, where maybe a multi-line text already exists, I select that line of text and then click on the button for "make object's layer current" (so that I'm on the right layer). Next I select the text style and set the correct text size, and then I have to change the dimension style to the right scale so I can get the right size leader. Next, I set the color from the color control. Now, I'm finally ready to start putting in my multi-line text.

How Used: I would like a command that I guess would be basically similar to "match properties". I want to select a multi-line text and the layer, color, text size, text style, and dimension style are automatically updated to that line of text.

Feature Affinity:

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: wish: select a multi-line text and layer, color, dim style, text size, etc would be set

Not to denigrate the wish but could you not just copy the existing object and edit the copy?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: wish: select a multi-line text and layer, color, dim style, text size, etc would be set

Not to pile on...
    Or create a Macro that sets all those features and calls the MLeader Command?

Login to Give a bone

John, yes. I have done that too, but I guess for whatever reason in most cases it has worked out better to insert the text from scratch.