Thread: Revit 2013 to navisworks Manage 2013

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2013 to navisworks Manage 2013

Hi Everyone,
    Im new to Navis 2013 version which has the capability to import or read navite revit format.
    1. when I export the file using add in going to Navis some parts of revit file is missing.
    2. in order for me to get the whole project in Navis, i export it as dwfx file, and the whole project is there but my problem is when I export the clash file, and amending the clashes generated i export new copy of dwfx and run again the clash but before that I import the previous clash so that Navisworks will compare the report which is resolve and which is not but Navis not do that.
    3. if I export using add in with nwc format with number 2 problem export and import of clash detected it works perfectly but the problem I get it only limit my export into 2 link file, example 1 file is duct and I link another file say pipe and another link file is wall. when I export to navis using nwc it only pick 2 link either Duct and pipe or duct and wall. even if I change the setting into export entire project.
    my conclusion, when I export I used dwfx to get the whole 3d and check the clashes individually.
    I know there is a great approach on how to work with Revit 2013 to Navis 2013, if someone do this perfectly please share.
    thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2013 to navisworks Manage 2013

If i'm understanding correctly, you are actually not utilizing Navis' ability to read Revit native files. You do not need to export the Revit file to anything. Just open Navis, then append your revit file (the .rvt file itself). I personally have not done clashes using navis 2013 yet, so i'm not sure it will solve your problem, but that is how you utilize the ability to read native Revit files.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Hi mc_yhanika255306

From my experience using Navisworks 2013 I would suggest the following:
    Create a dedicated view in Revit, and turn off/hide elements you do not want to clash in Navisworks.
    Then use the Add-in's export from Revit "Add-in - External Tools - Navisworks 2013" (ensure you deselect "linked files". Exporting linked files is a little buggy and it gives you the entire model). Do not use "section boxes" in the Revit view.
    Avoid using DWF files, they have a few issues and the entire set of data is not exported.

If you look through this forum, you will see there are a few glitches in opening up Revit files directly from Navisworks.

Hope that helps
    Brian

Login to Give a bone

at Jhill554946, yes I know what you mean. but the problem is, it does not include the link files.

at brenehan, thanks for the advice. I can now export all the files including the link even it is 3 or 4 link, but I got trouble with the clash as I mention to my original post I can run the clash and export as xml file for revision, once the clash is amended export it again to navisworks and try to import my previous clash, it will no longer read the xml file.

from your experience using the software, are you doing it? i mean export the xml then later import it again?
    or just generate the clash and keep a record after amending run the clash again and check it manually to compare to your first trial clash test.

thanks

Login to Give a bone

Hi mc_yhanika255306
    I'm not quite sure how you are using the tool and you current workflow! What exactly are you exporting in the xml file and how are you trying to import it back again into Navisworks?
    All the data for clash detection should be able to be maintained within the nwf file.
    I would suggest creating a separate nwc for each authored model and appending them into Navisworks. Each time the Revit model is updated, it can be exported and overwrite old nwc file.

Login to Give a bone

Navis.png

Hi Brenehan,

I have attach screen shots of navis, the xml file that I exporting and importing is the clash test.

so your process is to export all the files seperate and append using single coordinates?

thanks and regards

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Are you exporting the clash settings or the clash results? The latter is not intended to be re-imported into Navisworks, only other software.

Login to Give a bone

yes im trying to export and import the clash result,

Login to Give a bone

The Import/Export feature is for the import and export of clash settings only. The only way to export the clash results is to use the options in the Report tab in the Clash Detective. Clash results cannot be imported into Navisworks.

Login to Give a bone

Hi mc_yhanika255306

The only way to transfer clashes from one file to another is to link the clash file in using the "Merge" option. You could use this option to bring several different clash NWF files together to produce a master Clash Report.

But as bwilliams711941 says. There is no way to export and then import clash reports. What is the reason you are trying to do this workflow?

Cheers