Thread: converting multi sheet drawing file into single drawing files

Login to Give a bone

Default converting multi sheet drawing file into single drawing files

Hi all,
    We have a client that requires each drawing sheet as a separate file. The problem is our office only produces multi sheet (as in multiple layout) drawing files. I am looking for a solution that allows me to convert the multisheet drawing into multiple files.

I already went the route of publishing to single sheet pdf, converting the pdf files into dxf files and then saving them again as dwg files. This method is very labor intensive and does not yield good results.

Has anyone run across a similar situation before? Maybe someone has developed a lisp or script?

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: converting multi sheet drawing file into single drawing files

Quote Originally Posted by harryschoenauer View Post
    Hi all,
    We have a client that requires each drawing sheet as a separate file. The problem is our office only produces multi sheet (as in multiple layout) drawing files. I am looking for a solution that allows me to convert the multisheet drawing into multiple files.

I already went the route of publishing to single sheet pdf, converting the pdf files into dxf files and then saving them again as dwg files. This method is very labor intensive and does not yield good results.

Has anyone run across a similar situation before? Maybe someone has developed a lisp or script?

Thanks,
    Have you tried the EXPORTLAYOUT command?

(I'm not sure which release of AutoCAD added that command, but, it's been around a few releases now, which version are you using?)
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Great Tip!

We are using 2010 to 2013. It seems to work great, but is still a little labour intensive with drawings that have a lot of layouts (50+).

Login to Give a bone

Try the AutoLISP routine found on this website.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt