Thread: Change Backburner Server 2013 Log file path to put them on a common network drive

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Change Backburner Server 2013 Log file path to put them on a common network drive

Hello,

I would like to be able to access BBserver2013 log files of ALL servers of the farm from one unique place and not by going onto each computer (by RDP or by my self) to each single c:\User\<username>\appdata\local\backburner to see why server is going wrong (as mostly it happens because people missed some UVW maps or moved/renamed some texture files)

I've searched into backburner.xml but haven't found any path in it....

Do you know if there is a registry value to change which could place logs of each BB server on a same network drive (where projects are) ?

This parameter is even more needed when BBserver is run as Windows Service !

Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Change Backburner Server 2013 Log file path to put them on a common network drive

Nobody knows ?

Nobody's using BB2013 on middle scaled farms ?

for now we're using 22 PCs for our farm... dealing with half-working WakeOnLan (only supporting shutdown on W7) and autologin & BBserver autostarting ?

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Change Backburner Server 2013 Log file path to put them on a common network drive

Sorry, wasn't meaning to ignore you. I've been OOP for a while now, so I haven't been able to check, but look around for a script called "GATHER_BURN_LOGS". I'm not sure whether it's only available with Burn (which in turn, is only available with Flame, Smoke, and Lustre). It doesn't move the default location of your render nodes, but will gather them into a single text file when run. I haven't used it, so I cant' say much on it. I've actually moved to Deadline for network rendering. Got tired of the BB headaches.

Alternatively, you may want to look into a small program called Belvedere. It can automatically move files from monitored locations. It's got really low overhead and it's free.