Thread: Wire number font size?

Login to Give a bone

Question Wire number font size?

I must be missing something here but there does not appear to be any way of setting a standard font size for wire numbers. You can change the size using the project utilities menu but that means drawing an entire schematic with the wire numbers in the wrong font size and then changing them at the end. That can't be right. I have tried messing around with the standard text styles that Electrical uses but size does not appear to be something you can pre-determine. I am using Electrical 2013 by the way. Anyone get round this one or is this an easy fix and am i merely having a stupid day?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wire number font size?

I AM having a stupid day, the wire numbers are blocks in the symbol library which have attributes which override the text style. Oh how silly i feel now. Almost.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Any chance you can explain step by step how to do this for a new user who is still learning autocad electrical?

Ive been trying to figure this out for days now...

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Step by step would be a bit tricky as there a few drawings you need to open and modify but I will try and expand on my earlier post.

AutoCAD Electrical uses standard blocks with attributes for wire numbers, so when you tell the program you want a wire number it chooses a block based on the wire orientation, if it is fixed or a copy and the predefined format style. These blocks are stored with the standard symbols and are named in a logical format, for instance:

WD_WNH.dwg is the block for a horizontal standard wire number.
    WD_WCH.dwg is the block for a horizontal copied wire number.

The attribute you need to change varies but should be fairly obvious, so in the case of WD_WNH.dwg, the wire number attribute is 'WIRENO'. Change the size and style of the attribute, save the drawing and then create a new schematic (important, as it wont have the block you have just modified already inserted) and create a horizontal wire number to test your changes.

This might seem a bit strange at first but once you have a standard format for wire numbering and you know which blocks do what it only takes about 30 minutes to update the standard blocks to whichever style of font and size you want.

Good Luck.

Login to Give a bone

Step by step would be a bit tricky as there a few drawings you need to open and modify but I will try and expand on my earlier post.

AutoCAD Electrical uses standard blocks with attributes for wire numbers, so when you tell the program you want a wire number it chooses a block based on the wire orientation, if it is fixed or a copy and the predefined format style. These blocks are stored with the standard symbols and are named in a logical format, for instance:

WD_WNH.dwg is the block for a horizontal standard wire number.
    WD_WCH.dwg is the block for a horizontal copied wire number.

The attribute you need to change varies but should be fairly obvious, so in the case of WD_WNH.dwg, the wire number attribute is 'WIRENO'. Change the size and style of the attribute, save the drawing and then create a new schematic (important, as it wont have the block you have just modified already inserted) and create a horizontal wire number to test your changes.

This might seem a bit strange at first but once you have a standard format for wire numbering and you know which blocks do what it only takes about 30 minutes to update the standard blocks to whichever style of font and size you want.

Good Luck.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

An other methode that I found :
    -In the schématic ruban, additionnal tools, drawing property, in the drawing format tab you can change the scale (bottom right of this tab) value for a lower or upper value.
    The present wire will not change so you have to recreate them.

Sorry for my english by the way.