Thread: How to create points on LHS alignment which are at even chainage w.r.t the main centreline alignment

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy How to create points on LHS alignment which are at even chainage w.r.t the main centreline alignment

As subject.

I want to create point along the LHS kerb at 5m chainage interval with reference to the centreline alignment.
    I created an imaginary illustration sketch below.

SNAG_2013-02-21_14-03-26_0000.png

Please help.

Gary

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create points on LHS alignment which are at even chainage w.r.t the main centreline alignment

Are the points needing to be 5m along the centreline? You might try sample lines along the centreline at the desired interval. Of course, the placing of points would then need to be manually placed. There may be another way, but I don't place points as often as I should.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create points on LHS alignment which are at even chainage w.r.t the main centreline alignment

There may be a better way, but one way you could do this is to create points by "measure alignment" this will allow you to set up the distance you want between your points as they are placed along your alignment. BEFORE you do this you will need to make some changes to the Create Points dialog box, specifically under the Default Name Format > Point Name Template, change the starting number and increment value to what match what the distance will be between your points. so if you wanted to start with 5 feet your starting number would be 5 and your increment would also be 5 if that is going to be the distance between points. you can now execute create points by the "measure alignment" method, pick your alignment, pick your starting and ending station, specify offset and increment distance and your points will be created. if you are not seeing the correct labels, you will need to create a new point label style that has the point NAME included in the style. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Mike T.