Hi all, I've been using MicroStation for nearly 16 years and have recently decided (through my own choice) to learn AutoCAD 2013. So far its been pretty straightforward (just taking baby-steps atm) though I'm just working on a vanilla installation and following online tutorials and targeting commands I consider to be invaluable in MS and trying find the appropriate equivalent command(s)/steps in AutoCAD. One thing that I cannot find how achieve in AutoCAD is replicate the behaviour of MicroStation's SMARTMATCH command. What it does is you double click on any element and it sets the current active Colour, Level, Linestyle and Lineweight to that of the source element. Once matched, I can make use of these settings to change the appearance of existing geometry using the CHANGE ELEMENT ATTRIBUTES command or create new geometry. These settings now persist for remainder of the drawing session until the user choose to change any/all of these settings. In AutoCAD I have found the Match properties (MA) command but only appears to change existing geometry and not set the active Colour, Level, Linestyle and Lineweight within the properties panel on the Ribbon.

So can achieve this in AutoCAD or do you have to manually set each setting?

Many thanks