Thread: Areas of my 3D view are not being printed correctly on the drawing sheet or when I PDF

Login to Give a bone

Default Areas of my 3D view are not being printed correctly on the drawing sheet or when I PDF

When I have my drawing sheet created and it's time to print whether I print out from Revit or I print to PDF in both Rastor or Vector mode different parches of the 3D view are being missed off the drawing. The drawing itself looks fine on screen before the print is carried out. I will attach two files of the PDFs so that you can see what I mean. At the moment due to this problem I am unable to print out any drawings with 3D view on, so I would be grateful if someone could get back to me as soon as possible.

I'm not sure if this will have anything to do with the problem but I had an issue with the glass materials showing through the walls and when I searched the forums for an answer I got the answer to update my Nvidia driver to the beta version 301.24 and take the tick out of the 'use hardware acceleration' check box.

Raster PDF.pdfVector PDF.pdf
    Last edited by Linzi-Jane; 2013-03-08 at 11:13 AM. Reason: could not see attachments

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Areas of my 3D view are not being printed correctly on the drawing sheet or when I PDF

Linzi,

I don't have a solution to this problem, but I am experiencing similar bad results trying to print 3D views to pdf. Very inconsistent, sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. Same issue as you with the 3D view missing big chunks of the drawing. Does anyone have a recommendation for getting good pdf output of 3D shaded or realistic views? I have Adobe and Bluebeam on my computer if anyone can recommend specific settings?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Areas of my 3D view are not being printed correctly on the drawing sheet or when I PDF

Hey...............what do you know, someone with the similar problem, I currently have a post under the General forum of Revit, and just happened to see yours under this forum............I need a solution also, did you find one yet??? See my attachment.Attachment 89959

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Areas of my 3D view are not being printed correctly on the drawing sheet or when I PDF

Same issue here. Anybody find a solution? It was working fine and then suddenly started screwing up the 2 3d views in my project. Mine was specifically after I changed some settings trying to get a better looking 3d view, but I haven't been able to get it to revert back to printing correctly even though I (think) I set all those parameters back to what they were before. Very frustrating.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I think it is your system memory issue. Check that