Thread: Wipeouts from model to paper space

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wipeouts from model to paper space

First off, I am using ACA2009
    I am having issues with the wipeout command. I can get my wipeouts to "read" correctly while in model space, but when I go to paper space the areas that were to be wiped out are not. It is as if the wipeout command is only working in model space and not transitioning to paper space.
    Please help resolve.

Thank you

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wipeouts from model to paper space

Not sure if this helps... but I have noticed in the past that wipeout does not like it if your polyline are not closed. So I would check to make sure they are closed. I also noticed that if your outline doesnt consist of just polylines (made up off arcs, circles, etc.) wipeout doesnt like that either.

I really do not like the command as it has always been kinda glitchy. There are times where I dont even like background mask and use a really light (like 95% screened) hatch to block out information around text.

You could also look at, the xclip command and clip your xref is you like. Thats an option.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.Jensen View Post
    First off, I am using ACA2009
    I am having issues with the wipeout command. I can get my wipeouts to "read" correctly while in model space, but when I go to paper space the areas that were to be wiped out are not. It is as if the wipeout command is only working in model space and not transitioning to paper space.
    Please help resolve.

Thank you
    Make sure that the layer on which you place the wipeout is not VPLAYER Frozen in the viewport. If it is, the wipeout will not be effective. Also, make certain you are not placing the wipeout on a non-plot layer, or the wipeout will not be effective when plotting. If you are trying to not see the wipeout frames, run the WIPEOUT command and use the Frames option; set it to OFF.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. Iceberg; I did have closed polylines, no curves, arcs or circles.
    David, thank you for the layer suggestion, I had my wipeout polyline on Defpoints layer, once I switched it to a visible/ printable layer I had no more issues.
    I can now see (not see) the wipeout correctly in both paper space and in print.

Thank you for your help,
    Bill