Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collaborative todo lists in revit

Login to Give a bone

Default Collaborative todo lists in revit

I have done some looking online and I have not come up with any good options, so I thought I would pose the question to the collective knowledge here: is there any way to make a collaborative todo list within revit that everyone on the project team could access and edit?

What I want is fairly simple, but I am not sure the best way to go about it, it would be something similar to a group tasks in outlook, but I would prefer it to be embedded in the revit model itself so that it will stay with the project and we can track who was involved with each stage of the project even much later.

I have been throwing around using a schedule, but this seems difficult because I am not trying to reference anything in the model, just making a list and assigning values to it. Also thinking of using a noteblock.

Any experience with trying to do something like this? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Collaborative todo lists in revit

We use the Startup Page, which is a drafting view, to do that kind of things.
    Everyone see's it when opening the model, hard to say "I didn't see taht comment"

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Welcome on your first post. I don't have any example of what you want to do, but I find your idea quite interesting and would like to explore it. I tried creating a dumby schedule with a few Project Parameters first, without much success. Your idea to use Note Blocks seems quite promising, though. Create a nice generic annotation and a drafting view for the list. Anybody can create or modify a new note and/or you could schedule them and change them there. It doesn't let you fix much, such as the numbering would not be automatic, and you couldn't add a list of users and just pick from the list for who is responsible. The schedule would feel like a simplistic Excel table, but it seems like it would work.

Anybody else have ideas? This is one of those "hacks" that I think could be fun to experiment with. That said, if your office is large enough, it should probably invest in project management software that is more substantial, like Newforma for example.

Login to Give a bone

it seems like a combination of the two of these responses might be a good idea. use a noteblock to make a simple spreadsheet, and put it on a startup page so that everyone has to see when the open the model every morning. building off the idea of a noteblock, it would function if there is an annotation object in the drawings that has a task assigned to it. is there a way to make it so that those do not print (a white symbol?) or if you could toggle tasks from showing up, i.e. if they were completed?

thanks for the quick responses. we do use newforma, but i was looking for a more integrated solution, since you are more likely to see something if it is right in the model, especially for junior staff that is not always in newforma all day.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dhurtubise View Post
    We use the Startup Page, which is a drafting view, to do that kind of things.
    Everyone see's it when opening the model, hard to say "I didn't see taht comment"
    This is exactly what we do. If you need to you can have people strike the text as the items get completed, or if its something that happens periodically, you could place the date and user name at the end each time it gets done. We also use this starting view for placing a few standards statements because, again, you can't say "I didn't know that" if you are presented with it each time it opens.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I made the save view a sheet view which has two key schedules on it, one for project contact info (consultants, project team, owner, etc.) and one for Project Notes, which anyone can go in and add to. It's got fields for the comment, when it was made, who it's addressed to, who it was fixed by, and the date it was fixed.

It's better for larger project teams than smaller ones, but it is good for leaving notes to yourself if you're the only one working on the project.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

@rosskirby: what are the objects your scheduling which you add comments etc to?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Lithgow View Post
    @rosskirby: what are the objects your scheduling which you add comments etc to?
    I was actually wondering the same thing. Would you possibly make a duplicate set of working plans that you could toss keynotes onto just to label tasks that need to be done? It seems like it would work, but it would create an extra set of drawings in the file to manage.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We use a detail family (looks like an arrow) with instance text parameters. The family is placed in the view with a comment. These are then scheduled.
    We also have fields for action taken, dates etc. These families can then be filtered out as they are fixed, or have the colour changed from red to green as they are addressed.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We do it as a key schedule, not a note block schedule, so that all you have to do in the schedule is click the "new row" (or whatever it says) button, and voila, new entry. It's not tied to any object in the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast