Thread: Finish Floor level is suppose to be 502' elevation

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Finish Floor level is suppose to be 502' elevation

Hi,
    Revit by default creates the first level at 0' elevation. However, I need to change it to 502' so that I can show the building in relationship to my grades (site contour lines) How do I do this. There must be an easy way.

Follow up:
    Incidentally I was able to change my floor levels by relocating the project position under the Manage/ Position/ Relocate Project tab, then by going into an elevation and by selecting a level I could edit the elevation base to Survey Point. However this seems to have no correlation with my toposurface elevations.

Hopefully someone can follow what I am saying. .. There must be a way for my topo to be correlated with my levels.
    Last edited by Bluefairy; 2013-04-06 at 11:27 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Finish Floor level is suppose to be 502' elevation

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefairy View Post
    Hi,
    Revit by default creates the first level at 0' elevation. However, I need to change it to 502' so that I can show the building in relationship to my grades (site contour lines) How do I do this. There must be an easy way.

Follow up:
    Incidentally I was able to change my floor levels by relocating the project position under the Manage/ Position/ Relocate Project tab, then by going into an elevation and by selecting a level I could edit the elevation base to Survey Point. However this seems to have no correlation with my toposurface elevations.

Hopefully someone can follow what I am saying. .. There must be a way for my topo to be coorelated with my levels.
    can you link your building into a separate file, move it up to 502 and show the topo there? This is 3d topo in a separate file, that is my assumption here.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I cant imagine that any linking needs to go on. This is architecture 101. Every building needs to be shown with finish grades. The finish floor level and the highest point on a building need to be shown in relation to the finish grades so that you can pass it through the building department. Revit does not deal with the basics of even this??

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Typically when you do this you use 2 sets of levels. The Level 1 (or Ground Floor in European influenced countries other than US influenced) stays at 0 (project level). Then you adjust your Survey Level to indicate the contours' level from datum. You "could" link in as fazkhan05 suggests, but it's not necessary in this case.

Edit: A good description might be found here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/e...d_Survey_point

Otherwise there's numerous tutorials for such, google helps to find these.