Thread: Mirrored bodies do not update

Login to Give a bone

Question Mirrored bodies do not update

I have a skeleton-driven assembly that includes parts derived from bodies in a multi-body part (which in turn is derived from a skeleton part). I've created some parts by derivation from mirrored bodies, and those don't update when I drive changes from the skeleton. The only work-around I have is to go into the base part, drag the EOP above the affected mirror feature, save, drag the EOP back down and save again.
    This is only a problem with parts derived from mirrored bodies; mirror-derived parts update fine. Has anybody else noticed this? I'm not desperate for a solution--maybe it's already been addressed in the next release--but if not, I just wanted to make the folks at Autodesk aware.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mirrored bodies do not update

Quote Originally Posted by kbrowne366050 View Post
    I have a skeleton-driven assembly that includes parts derived from bodies in a multi-body part (which in turn is derived from a skeleton part). I've created some parts by derivation from mirrored bodies, and those don't update when I drive changes from the skeleton. The only work-around I have is to go into the base part, drag the EOP above the affected mirror feature, save, drag the EOP back down and save again.
    This is only a problem with parts derived from mirrored bodies; mirror-derived parts update fine. Has anybody else noticed this? I'm not desperate for a solution--maybe it's already been addressed in the next release--but if not, I just wanted to make the folks at Autodesk aware.
    I'm not familiar enough with this type of modeling to offer any real assistance. Sorry. By the way, what does EOP stand for?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mirrored bodies do not update

EOP = End of Part