Thread: Revit 2014: Very large Log Files being created. How do I stop this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2014: Very large Log Files being created. How do I stop this?

There are some very large Log Files being created. How do I stop this? The file numbers I mention below reference the 1st three numbers of the file name as shown in screenshot "Logfiles2.JPG."
    The central file is located on the server and a folder was created by Revit for log files. A new file is created with every Save-to-Central (abbreviated as "S/C" from here on). They start out "small" but gain size with every S/C (files 118 thru 132). The program created over 74 MB of these files in less than 2 hours of operation ((files 118 thru 132).
    If I close Revit & restart the program, it "resets" the file to a small one (file 137 & after restart file 139) when I S/C.
    Different users have their own log file created (file 138 ).
    Files 134 thru 137 were created in less than a minute when all I did was a repeated S/C command, but each file added roughly 30k of text to the previous file.
    Two hours of work has created log files that are over 5 times the size of my RVT file! This is going to consume the file space on my server in no time.

Is this an issue with v2014? I never had this folder or those files being created with any previous version of Revit. How can I stop this from happening? Can I stop these files altogether? I cannot find anything in the program itself to turn this function off.
    I am posting the smallest of these files & the largest in the zip file case they would help. The smallest (file 139) has 1,572 lines of text, while the largest (file 132) has over 140,000 lines of text.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2014: Very large Log Files being created. How do I stop this?

Hi,
    I've also noticed the same problem. I haven't found a solution, but to delete manually the txt files created. I hope Autodesk finds a solution.
    I've noticed a dramatic increase in speed. Maybe this file is in part responsible.

Login to Give a bone

Here is the responds from Autodesk Support:

"Development confirmed that a code fix is required to address this issue. I expect that we will see it in the not too distant future. Apparently the folder and journals are not supposed to be there. Feel free to delete at will until a code fix is available."

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone got a fix for this yet? Does anyone know why this happens?