Thread: GD405-3: Understanding and Mastering Metric & Imperial in AutoCAD®

Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk University's Avatar

Default GD405-3: Understanding and Mastering Metric & Imperial in AutoCAD®

Instructors: Cord Struckmann, AIA

Class Description: It’s becoming more and more common not to work exclusively in an either imperial or metric environment anymore. It’s normal to offer, create or receive drawings in both measuring systems. You may be expected to master both types. Not knowing the basics of the metric and imperial systems will cause tremendous headaches -- knowing the few, though important and influential, settings will make it easy to understand the two systems and will allow you to take advantage of their compatibility. This class will explain how AutoCAD differentiates between imperial and metric, what to watch out for when annotating and printing drawings, and also how to maintain one combined CAD system instead of two. In the end, your bathroom fixtures might be German, your tiles Italian. You may also question if the people using metric ever wondered why their plywood is 19 millimeters thick?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: GD405-3: Understanding and Mastering Metric & Imperial in AutoCAD®

Hi not sure how to address this or to whom so I am posting it here.
    I responsible for developing a CADD Standards Manual for my office and I would like to use some pages or maybe all GD405-3 document as an Appendix.
    Do I need any authorization from from the author.. or Cord.. Would you be ok with that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aas249507 View Post
    Hi not sure how to address this or to whom so I am posting it here.
    I responsible for developing a CADD Standards Manual for my office and I would like to use some pages or maybe all GD405-3 document as an Appendix.
    Do I need any authorization from from the author.. or Cord.. Would you be ok with that?

Thanks
    The permission should come from the author of the document, Cord's email address is in the presentation documents, it would probably be best to try him that way (no guarantee he'd see this post in a reasonable timeframe).

Be sure to stop by the CAD Standards forum if you want other topics to peruse.

Cheers!
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

I don't see any copyright info in the pdf's, but it probably wouldn't hurt to contact the author.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Thanks all.